Cornerstone update and W3 Total Cache

Hi guys,

Just updated https://travelcrestedbutte.com and the back end of the website became unaccessible - had to go through the ftp and disable it. After some trail and error with disabling other plugins it turned out that the new version of Cornerstone is having issues with the W3 Total Cache plugin for that website specifically.

Is there a solution to making those two work?

Thank you,
Petar

1 Like

Hi there,

Cornerstone minifies the assets such as JS and CSS files by default. If you use the cache plugin it seems it tries to minify the already minified assets and it makes the problem.

I suggest that you update the theme to version 5.2.3 as it is currently version 5,2,0. Then update the Cornerstone to version 2.1.4. That should do the trick and make the cache plugin available.

Then go to the cache plugin settings and exclude the files which are used by Cornerstone. For your case:

…/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js
…/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the help! Will update the theme and cornerstone again (I did before but had to revert from backup) and give it a try.

One more question - how could I find, which files are used by Cornerstone in general? (so I could avoid that for different websites)

Then go to the cache plugin settings and exclude the files which are used by Cornerstone. For your case:
…/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js
…/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js

Hi There,

Those files are located under /wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.