Cornerstone-Unable to edit pages

I have had GoDaddy clean the database. I turned off all extensions except for Classic Editor and Cornerstone. I deleted any plugins that were not utilized enough to add value. I did have an issue of getting a server error. That is why GoDaddy went in to see if there were any errors logging, to lean the database, and to look for any other flags. There is nothing that can be identified. Please see if you can spot the cause. Thank you.

Hi @GeorgiaG,

Thank you for writing in, I see you updated the Cornerstone to the latest version (3.5.4), but you leave the X theme behind (6.4.6), please update the X theme to the latest version to make sure that this is not an incompatibility issue.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Thank you. I did the update. It is still not working. I have done a new test page and I can see everything until I select an element to edit. Then the entire edit panel goes blank - even if I try to access it via Skeleton Mode.

Just wondering if there is a history of issues with GoDaddy Managed WP. or a way to see if their widget is the thing causing a conflict.

Hi @GeorgiaG,

This is what I’m getting Error 429 Too many requests and it’s randomly appearing. It’s related to this https://www.godaddy.com/community/Using-WordPress/quot-Error-429-Too-many-requests-quot/td-p/30431

But once logged and it loads, the builder works okay. May I know which page has loading and editing issue with cornerstone?

Thanks!

For me it is any page I try and edit. I did try it in a unique browser but had the same result. For an easy test even the one called test is showing this behavior. Thank you. I will read up on the article you posted. Note: it looks great until you select an element like a text element to edit. As soon as you do that the pane goes blank.

Hi Georgia,

Upon testing your issue further, I see that some of your resources are loading through another URL and it’s getting blocked (see secure note for the screenshot).

The resource from “https://secureservercdn.net/198.71.233.1/a94.5d3.myftpupload.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/?time=1555601698&ver=4920-20181217” was blocked due to MIME type (“text/html”) mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff).

If you have migrated your site recently, it could be that you haven’t migrated your site correctly. You need to follow our migration guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126) to see the proper way.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

It has not been migrated. I did use the tools to install a backup as the site was completely down. This has been a long journey. What happens if I do change services in this state? Will I get a healthy web site then? Can I delete X and Cornerstone and then reinstall them to correct this? Will I loose the site? Changes are in a child theme.

Hello @GeorgiaG,

I have edited one of your pages in Cornerstone and I was successful in loading the page into the Cornerstone Preview.

Which page are your trying to edit? Meanwhile, please make sure that all your resources were loaded from the same site URL. The cornerstone preview and the editor will be using the site URL settings in Settings > General. Please make sure that it is the same url as your WP dashboard url.

Hope this helps.

That is about the only page that can be edited and I am not at all sure why Cornerstone seems to have a unique url. I tried to add the url that is in WP Settings to the page in XTheme options and it stripped out all of the ‘code’ and made it another item in the file chain. I did add it temporarily to the functions.php of the child theme as directed here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL but still it is not correcting. I also tried resetting permalinks.

Would it work to delete x and cornerstone and reinstall them? Will all of my pages be lost if I don’t open them during the change? - perhaps just save out the css externally?

Hi Georgia,

Some optimization feature or plugin could change URL too, in the above screenshot, it appears to be caused by CDN which is a Godaddy hosting’s feature. But as Nel’s said, the builder works once it’s loaded and maybe the error I’m getting is due to optimization too.

There were issues related to cornerstone and Godaddy before and it’s due to transients (internal caches) where it’s managed by Godaddy itself. In some hosting, you can install a transient cleaner to clean it but it’s not allowed on Godaddy. I’m not saying it’s the case on your end, but I think it’s Godaddy related issue. But it really works on my tests, it’s just have random loading issue (not in the builder) of the whole site.

You can try testing your site outside Godaddy environment, I’m not saying you should move but just to compare the two setup.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for the info @Rad. That will help in explaining what may be the cause and one possible solution for them to consider. I have several installs on various setups and this is the only issue like this I am having. Best.

You’re most welcome! Glad I could provide some information :slight_smile:

Hey there,

I’m unable to delete anything when editing in Cornerstone. I just purchased a new version and tried to reinstall it but I can’t delete the old version because I’m using X. Please help!

Happy to send you my login info as I’m new to this whole website building thing…

Thank you!

Hi Tylar,

Sure, please open a new thread regarding this issue and provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials in the secure note of your thread. You shouldn’t provide credentials in someone’s thread :slight_smile:

For the meantime, please try re-installing X theme first as it sounds you can’t delete it as X always activate it, and it’s true on old version.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.