Cornerstone: The preview was unresponsive after loading

Hello,

Like others previously posted on the forum, I’m experiencing this error very often.
The only way to resolve it is to refresh enough times for Cornerstone to decide to finally show the preview properly.

I’ve looked at all the other suggestions or workarounds to resolve this, and I haven’t been able to get it to stop appearing.

We have been able to increase the PHP memory to 512MB and get it updated to version 7.0. We deactivated all third party plugins, including WP Rocket, however it is still happening with just Wordpress and X Theme together.

Any help with finding the reason behind this issue would be really helpful.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

We are really sorry that you are facing such issue.
I checked your site and can able to edit several pages without mentioned issue.

Can you please check clearing your browser cache.

thanks!

Hi @basanta,

Thanks for checking. I’ve cleared my browser cache and tried it on multiple browsers.
It isn’t occurring 100% of the time, but it is still quite a problem.

So just now, if I edit the Home page or the About page, sometimes it loads fine (it was okay for two or three pages), other times I experience either one of two things:

• Preview was unresponsive; or
  • Empty content altogether.

If I refresh a few times though, the preview can load okay until the next time I load something.
I’ve seen it happen to other users as well with their devices.

I feel your pain. This is the worst thing about X and Pro. I get this all … the … time. It very often takes me half an hour to make the smallest of tweaks to the site. I wish someone at Themeco was properly assigned to sorting this out because clearing caches, upping the memory, renaming htaccess and all the other guesswork suggestions that have been made over the years do absolutely nothing.

My last resort to getting around this is disabling all plugins (except if I’m adding one to the page), disabling cloudflare, disabling my child theme. Then, THEN, I can sometimes get straight in. Of course this is a nightmare as have dozens of plugins, my cloudflare controls my SSL and I have to switch off my security plugins. All this I have to remember to switch back on again afterwards.

Please PLEASE (I’m on my knees here, Themeco), say you’ll look into this.

Hi There @monbulkcollege

I have tested your About us page and it seems the issue is very intermittent, some times it loads and sometimes the builder is hanging.

Could you please try increasing your PHP Max Script Execute Time to 120 and see if that helps.

@skyhawkmedia … Could you please kindly open a separate thread with regard to your issue. So that we can do a thorough test and see what could cause your issue.

Thanks!

Hi @mldarshana,

I’ve increased it from 60 to 120, unfortunately it still continues to produce the issues mentioned intermittently.

Hey @monbulkcollege,

Intermittent issues are usually caused by one or combination of these factors.

1. Poor web host performance
  2. Web host limitations
  3. Internet connection
  4. Caching

Since it we also experience this issue in your site, we could rule out internet connection. Please try completely uninstalling your caching plugin. This is for troubleshooting only and you can install it back later once we figure out the cause of the issue. Simply deactivating them and uninstalling won’t remove the configurations they set in wp-config and htaccess. They might also leave cached files behind. Contact the caching plugin developer for this. You would also need to clean out left over configrations if you have used another caching plugin before. Once your site is cleared of caching, check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, then it is highly possible that the issue comes from your web host. X and Cornerstone will work in a shared hosting environment provided that the resource they provide is sufficient for your needs. By needs, I mean you take into account everything that takes resource in your site including third party plugins. Regretfully, in this case, I’d recommend that you move to a different web host. Here’s a guide from other X theme users.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.