Cornerstone - The preview could not load/Revolution Slider

Hello,
Revolution Slider causes the preview not to load. The following messages appears:
The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.

Origin URL: http://haraldborjans.nl

Preview URL: http://haraldborjans.nl/about/
I installed Revolution Slider form the add-on page.
Please advise how to solve this error.
Kindly
Harald Borjans
www.haraldborjans.nl

Hello Harald,

Hope you’re well today.

Kindly check if you have both X, Cornerstone, and Rev Slider updated to the latest version.

Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

In case you have everything updated, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you are still getting an issue, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note (key icon under the replies you post/posted):

Hello Jade,
Thank you for responding so quickly.
As I am starting with a brand new website I do not have yet installed other plug-ins, besides Cornerstone, PRO.and Under Construction.
I’ve installed the Slider Revolution plug-in from the Extension-section of the theme.
Cleared all cashes, however as soon as I activate Rev Slider, Cornerstone is unable to show preview.
This error occurred right from the beginning after installing the Theme.
I am happy to grant you access with all necessary credentials.
Kindly
Harald

Hi Harald,

Would you mind providing your login credentials in a secure note as requested? It’s best if we can check it directly :slight_smile:

For the meantime, please make sure to increase your site’s memory limit. Please check this https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/increasing-the-wordpress-memory-limit/

Thanks!

Hi,

I have checked and yes this is most likely a memory limit issue.

Please let us know when your hosting provided have increased it for you.

Thanks

Hello Paul,
It works. I’ve added a line to the wp-config.php - as described in the document I received - and that did the job.
Now I finally can enjoy the exploration of the X-theme and Cornerstone.
Thank you and your colleges very much for your support.
Kindly
Harald

Hi Paul,
Unfortunately I was to quick to celebrate the progress. I’ve raised the memory to 256Mb, and cleared the browser history.
I can see the preview of the homepage with the Slider Rev in Cornerstone, however as soon as I want to edit the page, the same error message appears:
_The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.
Would you please check again if there might be another reason.
Kindly
Harald

Hi Harald,

I got this error message when accessed your website:

Could you please double check?

Many thanks.

Hi Thai,
Please retry, i checked the site and it loads normally.
Kindly
Harald

Hi Harald,

I checked and can see the following error in the console.

Please contact your hosting provider and ask them to check their firewall or security settings.

For the mean time, try increasing your max execution time by adding the code below in your wp-config.php file.

set_time_limit(300);

Thanks

Hello Paul,
Thank you for your reply.
Increasing the execution time did not work. I’ve decided to change the hosting provider, because they do no have any knowledge of WordPress
For now I close this issue and like to thank you and your colleagues for your support.
Kindly
Harald

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.