Cornerstone Technical Difficulties

I am getting this message any time I try to do/view anything related to Cornerstone.
“The site is experiencing technical difficulties” (Screenshot attached)

I have a couple of static pages on our site designed using Cornerstone and this is very frustrating. No other areas of my site are giving me issues, and I am able to edit my X theme, just not Cornerstone content.

Nothing has changed on my site.

Please help!

Thanks.

Sydney

I’m receiving this error message when I click on the following tabs, or when I click “edit with cornerstone” on pages that have been built with cornerstone.

Hello Admin,

Thanks for writing in!

Please do the following:

• I see that one website you are using X Theme 6.5.5 and Cornerstone 3.5.4. Please update X Theme and Cornerstone to latest version to 6.5.6 and 3.5.6 respectively.

Here’s some resources that you can refer:

https://theme.co/changelog/

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

• Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Thanks.

Thank you. If I follow the step in that article, it wants me to switch themes temporarity, delete X, and then re-install using the latest version.

Do I delete “X” or “X - child theme”? Also, my understanding was that X theme (and cornerstone) were going to update automatically. Otherwise I never would have purchased and used them. Is there any way to make this happen so that I never have to do this again? I have already “validated” the product like it says to do in the above article. No updates show for cornerstone or X in my dashboard > updates.

Thanks.

I tried deactivating all plugins to see if there was a conflict. It looks like the following plugins were causing issues:

• Stackable - Gutenberg Blocks
  • Yoast SEO

This seems really strange to me considering every website I know of runs Yoast and it has never caused me problems up until this week.

Regardless. I am still getting this message on my Woocommerce tab re: the X Theme.

If there is any solution you can offer me, I would really appreciate it!

Sydney.

Hello @RecPower,

There could be a conflict between those two plugins. We could not confirm this at this moment since we cannot replicate it in our local testing installation. Would you mind providing us access to your site to have a closer look?

Meanwhile, if you want to edit some of the pages, we recommend that you temporarily disable those two plugins and then continue editing the pages. After you are done editing, you can enable them back. This is to save time while we will still figure whether this is a bug or there is a conflict in the settings with the plugins.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

I’m not sure exactly how to grant you access. I’ve created a different user for you to use. (?)

I think that all I need explained is
A) How to update my theme (x-child or X)
B) Why automatic updates aren’t working even though they’re turned on
C) Why woocommerce isn’t working with the current X theme

Thanks!

Sydney

Hello @RecPower,

Thanks for updating the thread.

The login details you have shared is not having administrator level privileges. Please assign administrator privilege for us to take closer look.

You only need to update parent X Theme. There is no need to update Child theme. In my previous reply I have shared the resources that you can can be referred to update X Theme. Please take a look at following:

Please assign administrator rights to the login account you have created for us to take a closer look.

As of today the supported version of WooCommerce is 3.6.2. If you are using latter version, please downgrade to supported version. Here’s the link that you can use to download and install supported version of WooCommerce.

Thanks.

Privileges have been updated. Thanks!

Hi Sydney,

You’re already on the latest version, it’s 6.5.5 right now. The new version you’re seeing is just part of testing but not yet available.

I don’t see any issue with the builder anymore and please follow the provided procedure for installing the compatible Woocommerce version.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for your help. I will try updating the Woocommerce version.

I didn’t think the version of x themes was the issue. I was told that I need to get a newer version here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-technical-difficulties/58958/3?u=recpower

There was no resolution above for why the “Yoast SEO” plugin is breaking the site as well. Just curious if there is a solution for that at this time? Seems weird that one of the most popular plugins available isn’t compatible with X Theme…

Thanks!

Sydney.

Hi Sydney,

Yoast SEO plugin shouldn’t be causing issues like this. I have tested this in my test sites but could not replicate it. As my colleague have stated, it could be in conflict with nanother plugin and not the theme.

To further check on this, kindly provide us your FTP Login in Secure Note

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.