Cornerstone taking ages to load after update and content not being saved

Hi,

Today I had a problem with a page. I made some changes and tried to save it, but I got a message similar to this: Uh oh content not able to be saved. Then, I updated the WPML plugin and Cornerstone to their latest versions. After that, I tried to enter again to the same page to see if I can save it, but this time Cornerstone takes ages to load. I cannot access my page through Cornerstone.

I really need help with this issue since this is a client’s page and they want the changes almost immediately.

If you want, I can give you my wordpress username and password for you to check what’s wrong.

This really is a significant issue for a lot of users when you check the posts and it hasn’t been solved apparently. If this continues, I will seriously consider my decision of going back to XTheme. It cannot be that we waste a lof of time on this after a normal update and it is not an error from our part, but it is an issue from the developers of X-Theme. I am really disappointed now with this theme.

Thanks a lot,

Jose Luis

Hello Jose Luis,

Thanks for writing in! This could be a caching issue or a plugin conflict. Please clear you caching plugins and test again. For plugin conflict, you could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue still exist, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I will provide you the wordpress info in a secure note above.

José Luis

Hi Jose,

This is a known issue with the current update. It’s because you’re using WordPress 4.9. With this update the builders won’t load unless you’re on at least WP 5.0. We’re working on a release to continue supporting older versions of WordPress. It will be out today or tomorrow. You could upgrade WordPress to avoid this or revert to the previous version of Cornerstone which can be found on your account dashboard.

Ok, I will try updating to wordpress and I’ll let you know.

Thank you very much for your assistance. It was a matter of updating Wordpress to the newest version as well. I’ll take that into consideration for future ocassions.

I really appreciate your help.

Jose Luis

Hi Jose,

It’s not usually a factor because we try to stay compatible a few versions back for WordPress. We just pushed out Cornerstone 2.5.2 which includes the compatibility fix.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.