Cornerstone superslow to save

Hi guys,

Hereā€™s a problem Iā€™ve been dealing with forever, and I just realized that it is really bringing down my fun in working on my blog.

Whenever I work in a new post and hit ā€˜saveā€™ it takes forever to do so. Sometimes not saving at all. I have to wait 5 minutes approx. per save, and that makes the time to work out 1 blogpost hours instead of minutes.

Iā€™ve done so many things to improve and check. My limit (donā€™t know what itā€™s called from the top of my head) is set to 512, Iā€™ve deleted cache after updating, Iā€™ve checked all my plugins by switching them off and on, etc etc.
I just donā€™t know what to do anymore.

On the frontend I think my website is not the quickest is the world, but itā€™s good. The problem comes when I write a simple Classic Text and save in Cornerstone.

Can you please help me out? Iā€™d love to find my love for blogging back.

Hello Ayla,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

To take a more closer look at the problem you are facing, we will need WordPress login details. As you are using additional layer of security provided by Google, will it be possible for you to deactivate the same for sometime so we can take a closer look?

In the meantime, please try out following solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If youā€™re using a CDN, please clear the CDNā€™s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If itā€™s fixed, youā€™ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Thank you.

Hi Prasant,

Iā€™ve disable the Two Factor, and will attach my login in a secure note.

The points you mention I had already found in another thread, so I already tried those things. I donā€™t know what a CDN is however, is it like Super Cache? There Iā€™ve cleared cache, just like in my browser.

In my FTP I see now that I have two .htaccess files. One is renamed to .htaccess-bak, the other isnā€™t. Is it safe for me to throw the un-renamed one away? I donā€™t know what it does and donā€™t want to accidentally delete my website :slight_smile:

There is a draft post called ā€œWaarom het helemaal okĆ© is om even geen doelen te stellenā€, please feel free to check that one out and see what I mean with the long saving time.

Hi Ayla,

With the number of active plugins and features, 256mb memory limit could be a bit small as even the slider alone recommends 256mb. Please try increasing it to 512mb, you can do that by adding this line to your siteā€™s wp-config.php (itā€™s in the path where your htaccess file is) just below the WP_DEBUG line.

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');

Then please upgrade your PHP version, itā€™s a bit old and latest Wordpress now recommends PHP 7.2 and above. And I recommend contacting your hosting provider and request the upgrade so they could fix any issues due to incompatibilities (MySQL and so on).

You can rename the .htaccess-bak back, but make sure to delete the new .htaccess first.

Weā€™ll test again once these recommended configurations are applied so we could easily narrow down other possible causes.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

I think the PhP upgrade did the trick! Just edited several posts and it finally works like it should.

Thanks so much for your help!

Glad itā€™s working now, and youā€™re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.