Cornerstone Stuck Loading - Oct '19

Installed 7.0.4 and now Cornerstone is stuck on the loading page. I’ve updated the wp-config to reflect the following as instructed in another thread but it hasn’t helped. It was acting glitchy prior to the update, meaning I could edit in Cornerstone only for a minute or two then it would either kick me back to WordPress or it just wouldn’t let me edit any longer.

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

Hi Jeff,

Can you do a basic troubleshooting first? You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persist, we might need to check your setup. Please share site credentials inside a secure note.

Aloha I also am running into the same issue, even after deactivating plugins, still not loading.
Help much appreciated, thank you!

Hey River,

Thanks for updating this thread. I would highly recommend that you create your own thread for your issue along with your WP login details so that we can check your site. Please make sure that you have updated to the latest version of X 7.0.4 and Cornerstone 4.0.4. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks! I’ve taken a look, and I see you’re using WordPress version 4.9.8, we generally only support as far back as three major releases of WordPress. You will need to update WordPress to the latest version

In this case specifically, WordPress added many javascript dependencies like React, ReactDOM and Babel part of WordPress core. It is best practice to always use libraries bundled with WordPress when possible, which is why they were removed from Pro. This is why Pro doesn’t load because many of the required scripts are unavailable.

Updating WordPress

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hi @sacredriverflow, Please check your Wordpress version as well, latest version of Wordpress is 5.2.4.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Well, that’s frustrating. In WordPress it says “Thank you for updating to the latest version!” so I assumed it was the latest. Thanks for your help!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad @Friech were able to help you out.

I just found out that updating to the latest Wordpress will wipe out my site. Is there a tutorial for updating WP and still maintain my X-Theme content and plugins?

Hello Jeff,

Please check out our knowledge base article here:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.