Cornerstone stopped working in Chrome / Mac

I’ll set up login creds right now. I would like to be able to finish this site, so getting Cornerstone to work the way it was prior to the latest (Cornerstone) update, would really help.

Terri

Hello Terri,

Can you please temporarily deactivate WordFence plugin? I wasn’t able to log because the plugin is blocking me.

Thanks.

Are you outside of the U.S.? If so, which country and I’ll temporary unblock it.

EDITING POST
This gets stranger by the day. When I first posted about this problem, I could not use Cornerstone at all in Chrome (it wouldn’t get past the spinning wheel), but I could use it in Firefox. Then, a few days ago, I could not use it in either Chrome for Firefox. Just now, for reasons unknown, I’m able to use it in Firefox again – but still not in Chrome.

Hello Terri,

We have staffs around the globe working 24/7. Please temporarily disable the WordFence plugin instead so any of our staff can log in and investigate your issue.

Thank you in advance.

The site is currently experiencing massive login attempts from various countries. It’s risky to disable the plugin. Can you at least select a staff member from one or two counties? The majority of login attempts at the moment are: Germany, Russia, France, China, Portugal,

Hello Terri,

Please allow the Philipines so that one of our staff can log in.

Thanks.

Hello Terri,

I was able to login and I have created a post successfully. I can edit it in Cornerstone with no issues at all.

I was able to edit your homepage too.

I am using macOS and Chrome browser. Please clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode (incognito mode) and test your site again.

Thank you, Rue.

I’ve cleared browser cache, history and images. Still can’t get past the spinning circle.

I’ve tried using incognito mode. Still won’t load.

Do you have any idea why you can use Chrome, but I can’t? Seems I have two options: Never use it in Chrome, or roll Cornerstone back to the previous version which worked. I have 4.0.4 installed right now. Can I roll this back like I would any other plugin?

Also. Can you please delete the sample images you posted if they’re available for public viewing?

Terri

Hey Terri,

Since it works on our end but not on yours, it could be that there’s something in your computer or a Chrome setting that is conflicting with Cornerstone.

Please try restoring the default settings of Chrome. If that doesn’t help, try uninstalling Chrome then reinstall again after. Make sure that no Chrome addons or extensions will be added.

It is hard to tell what exactly is causing the issue since this is only happening on your end.

I removed the screenshots of your site in this thread.

Thanks.

None of that worked. So, since it worked in Chrome before the latest Cornerstone upgrade, how do i roll back to the previous version? Or is it better to just not use Chrome?

Hi @Terri10,

We just released a new version today. Before rolling back, it might help to try updating to the latest version instead. That might make a difference. It isn’t on automatic updates just yet, but you can download it from your account dashboard.

I’ve download the latest version of X ( 7.1.0 ). The version I’m using right now is 7.0.4.

Can I update just the Cornerstone plugin (currently 4.0.4) without updating the X theme?

Terri

Hi Terri,

You need to update both to avoid incompatibility issues. Please update both X and Cornerstone to the latest version (7.1.0 and 4.1.0 respectively)

Since this release is not out in automatic update yet, please follow the Manual Updates guide in the following link: Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Upgraded completed. Cornerstone is still not loading in Chrome.

Which version of Chrome are you using on your Mac? When I checked to see if I had the latest version installed, the Google page had the “you’re running the latest version.” However, I don’t think I am, and I can’t install the Chrome download I just now did.

Terri

Hello Terri,

I am using an older iMac with the latest Chrome. I do not have any issues on my end. I just can’t test your site because I am now blocked again.

Please try to check your site on a different laptop or computer machine. Please also check your Chrome browser as it may have some installed Chrome browser extensions that are preventing the builder from loading.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi Rue,
You’ve already checked the site and could not replicate the problem.

I just discovered that Google stopped supporting Chrome for OS prior to the version you’re using (10.11.6). I’m using 10.9.5. Since I wasn’t having a problem with Chrome prior to upgrading Cornerstone, I’m thinking that the [previous AND latest] Cornerstone upgrade isn’t compatible with my version of Chrome (67.0.3396.87), which would be why you can use Chrome on my site and I cannot. And of course, I’ll need to update my OS before I’ll be able to update Chrome.

When I get the time, I’m going to update my OS and see if that solves the Chrome problem.

Terri

Hey Terri,

It’s good to know that you have figured out the caused of the issue.
Thank you very much for letting us know.

Regards.

This was the most frustrating issue to solve, and look how long it took for me to figure it out! But, problem SOLVED – FINALLY!!! As it turned out, the latest (now 2) versions of Cornerstone won’t work in older versions of Chrome: Nothing older than 67.0.3396.87. And since Google quietly announced that they were no longer supporting previous versions of Chrome for Mac, I was never receiving available update notices.

Terri

Sorry for that Terri. Still, it’s good to know that you have it figured out.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.