Cornerstone stays in loop

Hi there,

I just discovered that cornerstone does not work on one my websites. It seems to get stuck in some kind of loop. I have 6 licenses of the X theme for several website. They all work fine. Some of them takes sometime to load, but they all work except for this one for this one. After browsing through the forum I tried expanding the memory limit on the wp-config.php file, but still no results.

Wordpress version: 4.9.6
X Theme version: 6.1.6

Could you please help?

Thank you.

Regards,
Jerrel

Hi Jerrel,

Please make sure to check for the following first:

• If the issue is still there, please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

• If you are still seeing an issue, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

I’ve checked the versions:
X - version 6.1.6 and Cornerstone version 3.1.6. which are not mentioned in the list you recommended.
According to the mentioned list the latest version of X is 6.1.5 and Cornerstone is 3.1.5.

Also I tried deactivating all third party plugins but that did not help either.

Pleas advise.

Hello @Bytt,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I suggest you to please update X and Cornerstone to the latest version 6.1.6 and 3.1.6 respectively, looking at the website it seems you are on the latest version. Along with that please try out following:

1. Try increasing your PHP Memory limit. You can do this by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

1. Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  2. Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.

In case, problem is still there please share website login details (username, password) in a secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Thank you for the support and suggestions as to solve the issue.
But cornerstone suddenly started working again. I’m not sure but I think it has something to do with Cloudflare.
I’ve read on the forum that Cloudflare could cause some issues and therefore I deleted the website from Cloudflare.

I’m not sure if this the case but I’m relieved and happy I can go on editing the website.

Thank you so much for the support.

Regards,
Jerrel

Hello Jerrel,

It’s good to know that it is working properly now. Yes CloudFlare or your site cache could be the issue. Just keep in mind that after you have updated the theme, updated the plugins or after even making any site changes, clear your site caches first before testing your site.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.