Cornerstone slowing down TTFB and initial page waiting time

I was told by my host that there is something wrong with the Cornerstone plugin and it is slowing down the page speed of my site. I can confirm this because when I disable the plugin it loads the page very quickly. The page speed change goes down from 1 minute to a few seconds.

The host says that cornerstone is trying to contact a resource that doesn’t exist and is stopping the page from loading. Any help is appreciated.

Wondering if anyone has gotten a chance to respond to this!

Hi @AnthonyColli,

Thank you for writing in and sorry for the delayed reply we have a lot of tickets these past days.

That is not a common issue that Cornerstone slows down the site, there might be something on your setup that hindering the Theme/Cornerstone to load the needed resources, please do the following:

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. Please deactivate this caching features while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Hey @AnthonyColli,

Deactivating Cornerstone is not the correct method to determine if it’s slowing down your site because your page will just show the Cornerstone generated shortcodes while if Cornerstone is active, the shortcodes will output your content and that will include images and unoptimized images are often the reason why a page is slow.

Would you mind sharing the URL of the page you’ve built using Cornerstone?

Also, please ask your web host to tell you the specific resource Cornerstone is contacting. As far as I know, there is none.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.