Cornerstone slow - not loading

Hi, I’ve seen a lot of similar posts but I can’t seem to find a solution to this problem

I’ve tried updating x-theme but that breaks the website layout and cornerstone still don’t work.

Any suggestions?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try increasing your PHP memory allocation. You can do this by adding the following lines into your wp-config.php file located in the root if your WordPress installation.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Also increase your PHP Max Execution Time to 300. You should be able to change this settings through your web hosting control panel. Check for PHP settings OR PHP INI settings in the control panel.

Note: Sometimes, hosting providers does not allow to override these settings, in that case you can contact them directly.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi,

I’ve already tried that. Any other suggestions?

Yes, MANY people are reporting issues. This seems like something bigger than having to change setting to our settings. I have a pages on a site that work fine and others on the same site just hang and won’t let me make any updates. VERY frustrating. PLEASE help.

I am facing the same issue on my two sites. Both have the X theme.

@unanic

I know you’ve give us login credentials but please try these troubleshooting steps first because the site owner could only do this.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate completely remove caching, security and other optimization plugins. I say completely remove them because they might leave settings and files still in effect even when you uninstall them. Contact the plugin provider for instructions.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

@THWG and @fafali, many users face this issue because of a lot of reasons and mainly because of script (plugin) conflicts, optimization, security and server settings. Please follow the basic troubleshooting steps and if nothing helps, please open a separate thread and give us WP Admin and cPanel credentials so we could check your setup. Copy this thread in the new thread and provide in detail that you tested the troubleshooting steps.

Thanks.

Hi I’m having similar issues.
(Website Slow Issues with CS Loading forever now after updating to 5.2)

I’ve done an update to recent 5.2 X and now all loads super slow … Blog page not loading the posts at all and when in CS it’s loading for ages and either gives me an error or just keeps loading but never finishes so I can start work on it.

WP is hosted via Lightsail on AWS
Latest version X 5.2

Please help

Hi There,

Your blog posts loaded fine on my end and so did your Cornerstone.

Please clean your browser cache and test it again, if that does not work, please let us know which browser and device you are using while experiencing the issue.

Thank you

1 Like