Cornerstone sections do not display correctly

Hi,
I’m working on a new site and the Cornerstone sections and elements are not correctly displayed and it also keeps on loading. Can you see what’s wrong?

Thanks in advance and kind regards!

Frank

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hey @frankmoester,

I installed WP ServerInfo plugin in your site and saw that you are using PHP v5.4.16. Please try updating to PHP 5.6 or 7. If that does not still help, please provide FTP access also.

Thanks.

Hi,

I’ve updated to PHP 7, but that didn’t help. See secure note for ftp access.

Hi There @frankmoester

I have investigated this issue further and I see preview timeout error on the console log when editing your homepage in Cornerstone.

Could you please try increasing your PHP max script execution time to 300 and re-test this issue again. You can see more information from here (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time) on how to increase it.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi,

I have set de execution time to 300, but still no solution…

Hi @frankmoester

I have checked your server configurations (Dashboard -> WP-Serverinfo) using this plugin and I still see that your max execution time is set to 120. It should update the value, if you have increased it correctly.

Also as to next option, can you try re-installing X theme and Cornerstone plugin? First disable and delete your Cornerstone plugin. Then head over to Appearance -> Themes section, switch to a default WordPress theme and delete your X theme as well. All the existing settings will be saved on the database, so that you can safely perform these steps.

Then you can download the latest X theme from your Envato account and re-install X theme as you would normally do (Appearance -> Themes). Then head over to X -> Validation section and wait for few seconds to automatically install the latest version of Cornerstone plugin as well.

Once you have completed these steps, make sure to purge your server cache if you’re using a caching plugin. Then head over to X -> Settings section and clear style cache on the bottom of the screen.

If you’re using a CDN service like CloudFlare, make sure to purge it’s as well by login into their account and finally clear your browser cache and test your issue again.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi,

Unfortunately no solution. I’ve updated it all, but no result.

Hi @frankmoester

On your Plesk control panel configurations screenshot, I see that you have set your memory limit as 128M. Please increase it to 512M.

Also I still see that your max execution time is set to 120 when checking Dashboard -> WP-Serverinfo section.

Some hosting providers does not allow to change these settings to a certain level through their control panel. In that case, you will need to contact them directly.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi,

I’ve adjusted the settings, cleared all cache, but still no solution…

Hey @frankmoester,

I’ve now discovered what’s causing the issue. It’s because of the new line spaces in your Custom Headline elements. Though it worked in the past, that isn’t accepted now. Not sure if this is a bug or not but the Custom Headline element should not be used for paragraphs. You should use the Text element instead.

I’ve tested this in my dummy site and I have replicated the issue.

Please update or remove the spaces from your Custom Headline elements for now.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks!! That was/is indeed the problem. I hope it can be fixed to have these spaces in headlines.

Kind regards!
Frank

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.