Cornerstone Save Error - Warning "Not Saved" Even Though CS Confirms A Save

Hi,

I’ve been having this issue with Cornerstone for the past few months now.

I make a change in cornerstone >
I get the green “yippee saved” confirmation >
I get to exit to dashboard or open another page >
I always get met with a warning “You have unsaved changes that will be lost” >

This happens even though I have not made a single change after saving
This happens when I go to change pages
This happens when I go to exit to dashboard
This happens in X & Pro
This only seems to happen on more-complete pages, it doesn’t do this on empty or brand new pages.

About 95% of the time it has actually saved the changes when I go to view the page. But on several occasion’s I have received the warning, saved it a couple of times, exit and then the changes haven’t taken, causing me to lose work.

I’m on Flywheel hosting and haven’t found any errors int he logs.
I have the memory limit set to 512mb (maximum)

This happens whether I’m on the production site or staging site.

See screengrab of issue.

Any help with this would be awesome as it starting to get a bit frustrating.

Thanks

Dan

Hey,

Thank you for writing in!

I need to check if it is a plugin conflict, so, if you could post some logins details in a secure note and we`d be happy to take a look.

P.S: You can search by “secure note” on this article if you don`t know about this: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/themeco-support-overview/288

Hi,

This happens on every site so I’m thinking it may be something to do with my hosting. I can’t be the only themeco dev using flywheel hosting though so it maybe a plugin. There are some I use consistently but each site does generally have some unique plugins installed as well.

I’ve created an admin account for you. I’ll leave details in a private note below.

Thanks

Dan

Hi there,

Thank you for getting back to us with the login information. Just one other test before checking the details, have you use the Responsive Text option for the Cornerstone on those pages that you experiencing the problem:

As there is a bug regarding this which our development team are working on.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have used responsive text on some of the sites, but not always.

For example on one of my other sites, I did use responsive text and then changed the design and didn’t need responsive text anymore and I still got the error. After what you have just suggested, I’ve removed the responsive text trigger - as it wasn’t being used and the page seemed to save fine without the error.

I don’t believe I’m actually using responsive text on this particular site in question though…

Cheers

Dan

Hello Dan,

Thanks for updating the thread! Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

Our latest versions are:
X Theme: 5.1.1
Cornerstone: 2.0.6

You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Best Regards.

Hi,

Yes, updates came through the other day and I updated everything to the latest versions.

Still seem to be getting the error. It’s definitely to do with the responsive text because all of the pages where I don’t use responsive text don’t bring up this error.

All the pages with responsive text bring up this error when I try to exit the page after saving.

Thanks

Dan

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! For now, please save your change and ignore the message when you exit to the dashboard. As long as your changes is saved, you have nothing to worry. We will investigate further on this issue. We will let our developers run some series of test to find out and resolve this issue. Please bear with us.

Thank you for your understanding.