Cornerstone & Revolution Slider

Complete noob here but I recently took over a WordPress website from a developer. They provided me with a backup of the database and files, which I copied over to my host and everything was working OK until I tried to login to the backend of WordPress.

By deactivating the plugins from phpMyAdmin, I was able to get in. This is where I realised the previous developers had installed Cornerstone with revolution slider, which powered a slider on the main home page. Anyway, I tried reactivating all the plugins including revolution slider but it would not activate, spitting out the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home2/mwjigimy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php:71 Stack trace: #0 /home2/mwjigimy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(572): RevSliderBaseAdmin::addMetaBox(‘Revolution Slid…’, ‘’, Array, NULL) #1 /home2/mwjigimy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(73): RevSliderAdmin->addSliderMetaBox() #2 /home2/mwjigimy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(44): RevSliderAdmin->init() #3 /home2/mwjigimy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/revslider.php(162): RevSliderAdmin->__construct(’/home2/mwjigimy…’) #4 /home2/mwjigimy/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(1882): include(’/home2/mwjigimy…’) #5 /home2/mwjigimy/public_html/wp-admin/plugins.php(164): plugin_sandbox_scrape(‘revslider/revsl…’) #6 {main} thrown in /home2/mwjigimy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php on line 71

Can anyone help me to solve the issue and get the slider working again?

Hi,

Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

The latest version numbers as of this time are:

X 6.4.6,
Cornerstone 3.4.6
Revolution Slider: | Latest Supported Version: 5.4.8.1

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

You can also try reinstalling revslider plugin by deleting it in wp-content/plugins and install it back via X> Validation

Hope this helps

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.