Cornerstone problem after migrating from subdirectory to root directory

Hi everyone, I really hope someone can help me!

I moved my Wordpress site [https://www.villaadhoc.it] from the subdirectory to the root directory following this article,
basically I changed the address from Settings->General then moved every files from the subdirectory to the root and the files were previously in the root (I had the old site there) in a folder named “_backup-Moved-old-site”.

Once I checked the website all the pages where there except that some pages (not everyone) looked like without stylisation.
(Page NOT working properly)

(Page working properly)

So I entered in the Cornerstone page setting and, as you can see here attached, I found no Cornerstone elements.
(No Cornerstone Elements nor Layout)

(But the page has the code)

Can someone knows the problem here and can please help me to make the site working again?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Flavio

Hello Flavio,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked the website and the tutorial that’s shared in the ticket. I read the tutorial and if the process has been followed there should not be any issue.

However, as you are facing issues with Cornerstone I first need to take a look at the website to further investigate the problem, would you mind sharing login details (WordPress admin & FTP) in secure note for us to take a closer look at the setup?

Thanks.

Hi there,
Thank you Prasant for watching in it.
Yes I actually followed step by step the guide and some pages are ok indeed (for example “Sei un professionista”), but others are not.

Please let me know if you find anything.

Kind Regards,
Flavio.

Hello Flavio,

I have checked your site and even fixed the SSL issue. How did you migrated the site? If you only did change the site url, then it might have caused an issue there. Most of the pages, the cornerstone data were corrupted or lost because of the incorrect migration procedure.

Is your old sub directory still exist? I would recommend that you do the migration again. And this time, do it the proper way. Please check out this article for more details:

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi thanks for checkin in!
Yes I only changed the URL and moved the folder content from the subdirectory to the root. What I don’t understand is why some pages are totally ok and others not.

Sort of, yes, I have the subdirectory folder but is empty.
I’ll move again all the files from the root to the subdirectory and then do the migration again as on the link you sent me.
I’ll let you know.

Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards,
Flavio

Sure thing. Let us know how it goes, Flavio.

Hello, just a follow-up:

I followed the guide you gave me (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126/1) and everything worked just fine!

Actually it was so simple to move the website…even though sometimes can be really painful trying to understand and find the problem (like in my case).
After moving my site documents in the root directory and using the “Migrate DB” plugin for copying the DB everything worked smoothly! Perfect!

Thanks a lot for the help!

Kind Regards,
Flavio

Hey Flavio,

You are almost welcome as always. We also appreciate for sharing how you were able to finally resolve your migration issue. All those steps you’ve taken is very useful for some other users looking for answers.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.