Cornerstone/Pro and Paid Memberships Pro w/ WP 5.x Incompatible

Hi guys,

Looks like the Pro editor doesn’t work with Paid Memberships Pro and WordPress 5.x anymore. I’m seeing this on multiple sites, and I’ve done a bit of testing and have found that the core Paid Memberships Pro plugin prevents the Pro or header/footer builders from loading at all.

Errors are similar to other plugins that now have polyfill conflicts as a result of Gutenberg (even with plugins to disable Gutenberg).

Here are the JS Errors I’m seeing:

jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.4.1:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
wp-polyfill.min.js?ver=7.0.0:1 @babel/polyfill is loaded more than once on this page. This is probably not desirable/intended and may have consequences if different versions of the polyfills are applied sequentially. If you do need to load the polyfill more than once, use @babel/polyfill/noConflict instead to bypass the warning.
(anonymous) @ wp-polyfill.min.js?ver=7.0.0:1
1.10 @ wp-polyfill.min.js?ver=7.0.0:1
s @ wp-polyfill.min.js?ver=7.0.0:1
e @ wp-polyfill.min.js?ver=7.0.0:1
(anonymous) @ wp-polyfill.min.js?ver=7.0.0:1
6XHR finished loading: POST “”.
jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.4.1:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:35 Uncaught Error: only one instance of babel-polyfill is allowed
at Object. (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:35)
at Object.1.2 (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:38)
at c (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:32)
at e (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:33)
at cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:34
(anonymous) @ cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:35
1.2 @ cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:38
c @ cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:32
e @ cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:33
(anonymous) @ cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:34
cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:12 Uncaught Error: Could not find module ember-resolver imported from tco-app/resolver
at cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:12
at l (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:12)
at o.findDeps (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:24)
at o.findDeps (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:24)
at requireModule (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.4.6:6)
at cs.js?ver=3.4.6:4203

This has happened to me on multiple sites, on multiple machines, in different states, and with different browsers. If you have access to the newest version of PMP, try it out yourself! Use a clean WP install with just Pro and that plugin and WP 5.2 and you’ll see it doesn’t work.

I suspect you may already be aware of this problem, but I’d still like to hear your thoughts. Is a fix in the works? I’ll probably reach out to them but my suspicion is that it’s a problem with both!

1 Like

Looking forward to the response - may be related to my issue

1 Like

Note that rolling back to WordPress 4.8 actually solved the issue for me, which wasn’t a surprise. I would recommend the WP Downgrade plugin for doing it. Worked like a charm and took less than a minute.

Guess WP 5 isn’t ready for primetime yet.

But obviously, I’m still hoping to use the newest version so I’m hoping this will still be fixed.

Hello @brianjohnsondesign,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully we do no have Paid Memberships Pro plugin nor haven’t tested this plugin with the latest version. Would you mind providing us the access of your site instead so that we can take a closer look? Please add your credentials in a secure note to make sure that only you and our staff can see the information. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

I believe it’s actually a free plugin available in the WordPress repository. I recommend giving it a try!

In the meantime, I have attached details to a test site I have for you to give it a look.

I have installed the plugin in our local testing server and we could not replicate the issue. We do not encounter the errors when checking the console.

Please make sure that everything is up to date. Most of the time, out dated WP, theme or any plugin can create issues in the site.

Hope this helps.

Hi RueNel,

I’m referring to the front-end editor of Pro or Cornerstone. I’m not sure exactly what you’re editing with, is that Gutenberg itself?

Click “Edit with Cornerstone” and edit it in the frontend and you’ll see the errors.

I didn’t test specifically with Cornerstone vs. Pro but I am pretty confident it will be the same.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarifications. I have tested it and I can confirm that the editor is not loading when Paid Memberships Pro plugin is active. There is a conflict between this plugin and the theme. A javascript perhaps which caused the issue. Please be inform that we haven’t tested or support this plugin at the moment. This would require further investigation. I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it. I will also encourage you to contact the creators of the plugin so that they will investigate the issue too.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

I have these same issues as well. Thanks for looking into this. I would love an update once this is figured out.

I just use the Skeleton editor to build now because I can’t use the preview in Pro.

Hello @philahudson,

We have notified our developers by adding the conflict into internal issue tracker. At the moment I am not in a position to share ETA but you can keep an eye on Changelog page for latest product announcement.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Am also experiencing this issue - following thanks!

1 Like

Hi @powderbomber,

We’re still looking into this issue.

Stay tuned :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Am also experiencing this issue

Hello @mottafx,

Our developers are looking at the issue. I suggest you to please keep an eye on the changelog page for latest product announcement.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.