Cornerstone preview totally different to my live site

CSS applied to white column: $el{top:-400px;left:50px;}

I’m trying to achieve a layered effect on my site, and it’s perfect in the cornerstone preview, but nowhere near close to looking the same on my live site in any browser I try (I’m on windows so tried in Chrome, Firefox and IE).

I deactivated all plugins apart from Akismet and Cornerstone incase of a plugin conflict and there’s no difference.

I’ve validated the HTML and it looks fine, no extra tags or unclosed elements hanging around.

When I look at the HTML that’s rendered in the page source the content of the white column is rendered in a different div which explains why it’s not within the white column.

If you look at the cornerstone preview you can see that the elements are clearly within the white column and the HTML generated within it the content is clearly inside the containing column div.

I know it’s normal to have slight changes between cornerstone preview and a live site but this is huge.

Hi Kim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This usually happens when there is an invalid html code with orphaned or a missing closing tag in the content but you’ve already validated the HTML. Can you please provide us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post so we can take a closer look?

All the best!

That’s why I validated the HTML, it’s so strange.

I’ve added a secure note, and appreciate any help you can give me.

Hello Kim,

Please do not leave any column empty. You should at least add a gap element in it.
I have created a test page for you and even applied the css in the column from this thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-can-i-get-my-image-to-overlap-the-column-horizontally-and-vertically/65944/4

I did not use your custom css and structure by the way because it will complicate things later on.

Please see the secure note.

Thanks for your response, your instructions make much more sense with a demo

You’re welcome, Kim. Glad we were able to provide clear instructions.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.