Cornerstone preview not loading on most pages

Hi guys, this is a very frustrating one.

Last night (and most other times) most if not all of my pages would not load in Cornerstone, preventing me from making any edits or changes to them whatsoever. This issue has been persisting since November 2017 and I have been able to mostly work around it until now (by deleting sections from the page just to get the preview to load and then having to re-make those sections every time I needed to make an edit).

However, on a rare occasion like today when I logged on, all of my pages are loading in the preview and I am able to edit freely again - even the largest of my pages which seemed to be the ones not loading the most. This is getting very annoying as I get closer and closer to my business launch. Once my website is live, I NEED to be able to make any page edits quickly and easily so I need the Cornerstone preview to work and load EVERY time - “some of the time” isn’t good enough for me.

I have tried all of the tips recommended in other tickets where the same issue has been observed - purging caches, testing for plug-in conflicts etc many times, but none are solving the issue and giving me the stability I need.

Can someone please take another look at my site and try to investigate this issue, what might be causing it, and how we can get rid of it for good? Log-in credentials are in a secure note below.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I checked your website. Due to some reason that can be caused by a 3rd party plugin there was a Javascript error while I was trying to access your homepage using the Cornerstone:

Uncaught ReferenceError: ajaxurl is not defined

Now to fix that issue I used the method mentioned in this article. I accessed your website Cpanel and found out that you have the Child Theme installed. So I added the code below to functions.php file:

add_action('wp_head', 'myplugin_ajaxurl');

function myplugin_ajaxurl() {
    echo '<script type="text/javascript">
           var ajaxurl = "' . admin_url('admin-ajax.php') . '";
         </script>';
}

After that, I checked your website and the Cornerstone has no problem showing the preview.

Thank you.

This is great news! Thank you so much.

I’ve checked and all pages are loading in Cornerstone without hassle. I will continue to monitor over the next few weeks to make sure the issue doesn’t return but all in all thanks again! This saves me so much hassle. It has to be said that you guys definitely have the best customer support of any company I’ve ever dealt with.

Many thanks!

1 Like

Sure, let me know how it goes. Thanks a lot for good words and appreciation. :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.