Cornerstone Preview Area is not working/updating

I am using Mac OS 10.6.8 and Firefox 48.0.2. The Cornerstone Preview is not working. I can add elements to pages and view them with the Skeleton Mode, but I can’t design with the Preview window.

Hello @RickDavie,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please try out following solution and let us know the outcome:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thanks for your response! Let me work on these steps and let you know how it turned out!

Sure, please let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

It didn’t work for me. I am just beginning to create the site and I have the latest versions of Wordpress, X Theme and Cornerstone installed. As I have just begun the process, I haven’t included plug-ins or custom CSS yet.
I increased the memory in the wp-config.php file, cleared the browser cache and restarted the browser.

I will get you the login info in a secure note to view.

Thanks for your help!
Rick

Hi @RickDavie

I’ve checked this issue on recent versions of both MacOS and Firefox and I got the builder working fine:

Firefox version 48.0.2 was released back in 2016, perhaps it’s time to update your browser? Also, the OS you are using got its latest version in 2011, 7 years ago, updating your OS and browser to the latest stable version should be your way to go.

P.S. I’ve tested this issue on Firefox 59.0.2 and MacOS 10.13.4

Thanks.

Yes, I know that they are old. Unfortunately, to upgrade my browser means updating my os and by extention, updating Adobe Creative Suite (which I currently have a paid-off version of) - at a cost of $600 a year… forever.

So, it seems that I can’t use Cornerstone without incurring these costs, is that correct?

Hey @RickDavie,

I’m not sure why you need to update your OS and other software. To update Firefox, try following this guide https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/update-firefox-latest-version

Thanks.

Hey Christian,
Thanks. Actually, I’ve been down this road with FF, Chrome and Safari, and they say that they don’t support os10.6.8 in the latest versions and the Creative Suite would need to be upgraded after the update. So I’m caught in the middle.

Oh I see. I’m sorry to hear that. Regretfully, we can do nothing on our end either. Web technology updates very fast and the advanced page builders like Cornerstone uses the tech offered in the modern browsers.

And personally, if you’re using a computer for professional use, it is recommended to have a new computer at least every 4 years. My computer is 5 years old but I still can use Cornerstone using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox and even Edge (Chrome is the one recommended though).

It’s also generally not recommended to use an old version of OS and browser mainly for security reasons.

I hope you understand our side also.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.