Cornerstone + presets + design could

Hello … I run and manage 5 pages based on X and are having a hard time with the Templates now that they became presets. I´m a basic user and was totally in love with cornerstone until this recent changes that have made it more difficult for me to be updated, to do things as fast as I used to and to be able to use the predefined templates I had access to before.

I feel to have less options to pick from and can´t seem to access the design could because I have not moved to X. Ia there a way to acces de cloud without converting to x, for 4 of my licenses I could do it for free.

this is the sites I need to update and would love the templates to be there and ready form me to start jut puting the contnet. ANY SUGESTIONS. please…

www.carpasrojasmexico.clm
www.puntoverde.com.mx

www.yogasukha.com.mx

Hi @patrobles

I think you are confused between X theme and Pro theme, as Pro is the one that has access to the Design Cloud, not X, and unfortunately, there is no option for X theme to access the Design Cloud. Template Manager is still active and working for X theme.

Based on that, could you please rephrase your question or elaborate more details regarding this issue?

Thanks.

@ Alaaa yes I figure what you are telling me, the thing is that now wit x I have very little options in pre designed templates, the. Its only like 5 options and the elements. so my question is where do I get or find all the pre designed options that were available 3 montha ago, like the magazine an the many others that are nowere to be found and I loved to use because they are so time saving. Hope they can be downloaded from somewhere. Thanks

Hi there,

I am not sure if you are referring to the Started Pack Templates of X or the Demo Contents.

You may import the starter packs in X > Templates.

As for the demo content, you can find them in X > Validation.

Hope this helps.

@Jade thanks… I have downloaed them but they are onlu 5 and I cant see all the ones we hade before this major change… Tere is 5 template presets there and lots of starter elements like stand alones. So my question is… Where are the old templetes we had accs to before, all of them not just the 5 that can be downloaded from there…
Do they exist? is tehre a place to download them from? or should I just forget all about it and create the pages one element at a time ??

Thanks

Hi @patrobles

You might be talking about the demo content with its two types (Standard and Expanded) ones?

If so, then this can be found in (X > Validation > Demo Content).

Thanks.

@Alaa thanks for your response…. Ive seen those but do not want to delete my costum css because my page us up and running and I actually did not code it. My question remains unanswered and I feel very frustrated. Some months ago, before the PRO era, there were many templetes totally pre-designed and I could choose from them. With all this changes ¿where did they go ?
I found and downloaded the presets but I only have 5 and I use lots more than those 5 that are the same. The name of template I used a lot and now its gone is Magazine. But there are loads more that just do not show up when I downloaded the demo pack in the template area.
And also there are some settings, like parallax , like the possibility to pur a background image and not just color and stuff like that that I can’t find them anywhere, Like the fade effect that I could use for my elements by the row. So I´m desperate and feel so limited in my design possibilities now.
I cant refer to what I´m missing in any other way because that’s how I´ve referred to those controls, templates, or possibilities in the cornerstone. I do not know if taking would make some difference to help me figure what I need.

Hey @patrobles,

I understand what you’re referring and that is the old Cornerstone templates. Regretfully, the template system was changed that is why you don’t see them anymore because they were phased out.

Right now, the new templates, the Starter Pack are admittedly few. More templates will surely be added however, we do not have a timeline for now.

If you don’t see options like like the Background, chances are Advanced Mode was turned off in your site. To enable that, go to X > Settings > User Preferences.

You also can enable or disable Classic and V2 elements under Macros.

Hope I’ve given the information you need.

@christian_y this is helpful but I miss my old templates, is there anywhere I can get hold of them even though I would have to upload them manually ???
Id
Would there be like an old archive. If I´d known this would happen Id back them up… I´m so desperate here, needing to redesign my pages with the ultimate template that lost its shine, at least for me…

IN other aspects can you please guide me I cant see the cornerstone option for the blog, If I want to create a new one I cant see it and if I wanna edit an old entrance I cant edit it either. Cornerstone just is not present in the blog section? any clues on this .

Thanks a lot

Hi @patrobles,

If I understand it correctly, are you referring to the saved content as templates? The workaround that I can recommend for that is creating a separate site and install the older backup. Then export the template and import them back to your site.

As for the blog, are you referring to the blog index page? It can’t be edited through cornerstone. It’s Wordpress’s archive page, they are listing that automatically populated with posts by Wordpress.

But, if you’re referring to the single blog post, you can enable its editing by going to Admin > X or Pro > Settings > Permissions and toggle on the Posts permission.

Thanks!

@Rad thanks for your answer…
AS for the templates I am always refering to the templates provided by the x… the ones that do not exist anymore… but I´d love to get that archive. NOt of my design but the actual x templete design. the ones that got substituted by the startup content ( which is just not as vast as the pre-existing one. Do you guys ever kept those old files… If so, is there a way to get them and so I can upload them manually
Unfortunately, I do not have an old backup to do that…
Regarding the bog what you say is so helpfull, and yes I was meaning just a single entry .

Thanks

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Those templates were hard coded in the theme. If you have a copy X theme version 4 or later, you can set up a staging site, install the old version and you should be able to get the templates.

For the newer version of theme, you may go to the template manager, X > Templates, and import the starter pack only;

Hope this helps.

@RueNel RueNel thanks…
unfortunately, I do not have the version 4 but is there anywhere I could get hold of one? could you guide me trohugh ti…
In this newer version, I can see the starter pack which you put in the picture, but that is just not enough or even close to what we had… and that is my whole point. I feel the theme lost, well I feel I lost in these change… Hope you guys develop the once we had before and enhance the starter pack with more options.

It looks like all the creativity is going to Pro and those of us that remained in X are being left with some updates but not the real juice… Let’s say I move/update one of my licenses to Pro… does the content developed there like the templates in design cloud, work in X if I export it and then upload it as templates?

Thanks a lot for your support

Hello There,

Both the X and Pro theme has the same set of templates. The only addition to the Pro theme is the design cloud feature. All of the templates in Design Cloud can be downloaded and you can import it in your X theme template manager.

By the way, I have an older set up of the X theme 4.6.4. I can see that the templates were just the same:

If you are looking for the default block templates, then this is the one that has been removed. I will add a feature request to that those block templates shall be added in the starter pack.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.