Cornerstone plugin conflict with Theme Setings

My site’s header/footer and other theme settings were not being displayed so my site was displaying oddly (see below for before/after images).

During troubleshooting I deactivated all plugins and narrowed down the problem to the Cornerstone plugin. When it is activated the site displays incorrectly. If deactivated, it all looks fine. Have you run across this? How do I resolve it? I am stuck.

Broken version = Cornerstone plugin activated

Correct version = Cornerstone plugin deactivated

Cornerstone v3.4.2
X Theme v6.4.2
WordPress 4.9.9 // Note: This was broken with 5.0.1 too

Hi There @TechCoachLisaB

Thanks for writing in! It seems that you’re using the latest version of PHP (v7.3.x) on your server, which may still not be compatible with X theme or some of the plugins as it was released recently. I would suggest you to switch to a different PHP version like PHP 7.1.x or 7.2.x and see if your issue is resolved with that.

If you’re still having issues, you can then enable WP_DEBUG mode on your WordPress by following this guide (https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG) and then when you re-visit your pages, you can see if there’s any PHP error messages related to your issues.

In case if you cannot identify the cause, provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to investigate this issue further.

Thanks!

Hi There @TechCoachLisaB

Our developers just confirmed that, they have released a new update version for X theme (v6.4.3), Cornerstone (v3.4.3) to address this incompatibility issue with PHP v7.3.x.

Could you please try updating your X theme and Cornerstone plugin to the latest versions and see if that resolves your issue. You can refer to our update guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Wahoo! I can confirm the new update fixed it for me. Thank you dev team for that timely fix.

You’re most welcome! And glad it’s working now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.