Cornerstone page not saving

i just tried to save a page on 2 different browsers and it isnt saving… :frowning: the preview is having trouble loading on the la county page. sometimes i can “override” this by viewing in the visual composer looking outlay and work/make/save changes that way. it is not working for this page.
its a big page and seems to be the only real problem page. the rest are shorter pages and they seem to be loading AND SAVING ok.
this one was “not saving” but the changes would be saved on the front end.
and then now it wont save at all :frowning:

page in question:
http://cannadems.org/map/california/los-angeles-county/

Hey there,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Let us know how it goes.

i will try this tomorrow.

but just now i tried to even get into the backside/cornerstone side of the page and it wont work.
i got this message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 565801 bytes) in /home/cannadems/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1889

what to do? what is this?

Hi,

It means that you need to increase php memory limit.

As suggested above, edit your wp-config.php file and add the code below.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Please add it before this line.

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Thanks

I am going to make a copy of the website right now, but if i make this change, will it do anything to the website? main thing: will it slow the web page speed or anything like that?

update: added the code and just trying to get to the regular wordpress side of the page i got this message:
Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /home/cannadems/public_html/wp-admin/includes/translation-install.php on line 66

i could not even try to open cornerstone:
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 358612992) (tried to allocate 546747 bytes) in /home/cannadems/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1889

i removed the code.

Hey There,

Thanks for updating in! By default, WordPress will attempt to increase memory allocated to PHP to 40MB (code is at the beginning of /wp-includes/default-constants.php) for single site and 64MB for multisite, so the setting in wp-config.php should reflect something higher than 40MB or 64MB depending on your setup. “Fatal error: Out of memory …” is a PHP memory limit exhaustion. This can only be resolved by expanding the PHP memory up to 512MB.

Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look and fix the issue? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

Thank you.

ok. thank you. included the information in secure note.

Hi,

I have increased your memory limit to 1gig but it didn’t fix the issue.

It looks like it has something to do with your content.

Try to recreate your page adding content bits by bits and saving/checking it each time.

This is to test which element/content is causing the issue,.

Thanks

ill try that. im going through the html in “text” instead of “cornerstone”.

that means that i cannot make any changes in cornerstone because it wont be able go from “text edits” to carrying over in the “cornerstone preview” side, correct?

**update: i made some corrections to the html of the coding on a test page. and it works on the test page, but i am unable to make any changes to the actual page. :frowning:
so i make a new page and just use the url instead of trying to correct this page
ultimately, that fixes the problem.

Hi there,

You should not edit the page outside of Cornerstone as it will make the page corrupt and you will not be able to use Cornerstone anymore for that page.

I installed the WP ServerInfo plugin and now you can check the settings of your server by going to Dashboard > WP-ServerInfo menu.

The server information seems to be ok except the MYSQL Query Cache Size which is unknown, kindly contact your hosting service provider and ask them to set to 1G.

I suggest that you use the Template system of the Cornerstone and download the CSL template file and give us the file to test on our installation, to make sure it is something related to the server info or not.

Finally, you can always use the skeleton mode:

Thank you.

I only edited the page in text vs cornerstone because I have tried the skeleton mode - but that was not saving the changes after a few days. It worked at first and then stopped working. Thats when I made this ticket.

Thank you for installing that plugin - that will help with seeing whether its a server issue or WP issue, etc.

I have used the template system and saved that page as template but I was having trouble loading and then making any edits to that template afterwards… hence, I just edited the text.

I havre solved the issue since i opened the ticket, but by editing the text - not by actually fixing the problem. I also had to make another page with the same-slug-2 and then uploaded the template i saved earlier and made changes to the text after just managing to save the template upload.

Hi,

Please send us the CSL template file so we can test it in our installation and see if it works in our end.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.