Cornerstone Page Custom JS Not Saving

I updated X Theme to the latest version, and now I cannot change the Content JS when editing a page in Cornerstone. I change it (or completely remove it), save, everything looks like it saves, but it doesn’t save & when I reload the page and it reverts my changes. The script id “cornerstone-custom-content-js” doesn’t update in the live preview either. Do you have any suggestions for fixing this?

Thank you!

Hello @meganwalthall,

Thanks for asking .:slight_smile:

Can you please share the JS code you are trying to save so we can check if there is any error in the code?

In the mean time, please try out following solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Thanks.

@Prasant I am trying to remove code from the Content JS screen when editing the home page. So the code I am trying to save is empty. No JS conflicts here.

It is also worth mentioning Cornerstone is working properly. I am able to make content edits and save them just fine, it is ONLY the custom JS that does not save.

Update: It was indeed a plugin conflict. The plugin is Yoast SEO versions 7.3 - 7.4.2 (current). Deactivating Yoast allowed me to make the edit. Reactivating caused it to break again.

Thank you for the help!

1 Like

Glad to hear that testing for plugin conflict resolved the problem. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.