Cornerstone not working with new theme update

i enabled the permissions for Cornerstone in posts through the X settings but now when it launches, the cornerstone logo just bounces and bounces and nothing ever loads. Can you help me enable Cornerstone so I can create new posts and edit old ones once again?

I have already cleared my cache and gone through the other steps for making sure I have enough memory and renaming my htaccess file…

thanks,
lisa

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for writing in! I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue. First of all, make sure that you’re fully updated by referring to our version information here. Then once you update your X theme, you need to clear style cache by head over to X -> Settings page. Also if you’re using a caching plugin, you need to purge server cache as well.

If you’re still having issues, then please check with the following points as well.

Please install the following plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) activate it and then head over to Dashboard -> WP-Serverinfo section. Then check the following server configurations.

• PHP Version - We recommend PHP v5.6.x or higher to avoid incompatibility issues. Some hosts allows to switch PHP versions within the hosting control panel. If not, you can contact your hosting provider and ask them to update.

• PHP Memory Limit - Please check to see from WP-Serverinfo page, whether it has been increased. We recommend PHP memory limit of 512 MiB. You can increase it by following our guide here. Some hosting providers does not allow to increase it manually, so you will have to contact them directly.

• PHP max script execution time - We recommend the value of 120 or higher (300). Here’s how to increase that value (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time).

if you’re still experiencing this issue, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi,

It was the w3 total cache plugin that was causing the issue.

I excluded cornerstone js files from minification and cornerstone now loads without issues.

Kindly check in your end.

Thanks

It works! Thank you so much for fixing!
lisa

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.