Cornerstone not working with new pages and posts

Hi,

after updating Cornerstone to the newest version, a few problems appeared. Most importantly, I can’t seem to be able to build a new page. Every time I try to work on a new page in Cornerstone a message pops up telling me that the preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete and that this is most often related to a plugin conflict, or customizations introducing a PHP error. How can I solve this issue?

The other thing is that I can’t use Cornerstone to work on a new blog post. I updated the X theme and enabled the Post settings, so the layout shows the option of using Cornerstone but when I click on it, it just reloads the wordpress site. What am I missing? How can I gain back access to work with Cornerstone on new pages and posts?

Please advise what I could change to make it work again or how I could return back to the older version.

Thank you in advance!

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! This could be a conflict or caused by aggressive cache, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme (take a complete backup first).

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Let us know how this goes!.

Thank you! I will try your suggestions & let you know how it went.

Let us know how it goes,

Cheers!

HI I am having the same problem and have followed all the instructions but the Cornerstone option next to “visual” and “text” options has not come back in my post builder in Wordpress. Can you please advise on whether this new update eliminated the ability to build cornerstone posts in Wordpress?

Hi Lisa,

Actually, you need to enable the Cornerstone for posts again as we have a new set of options called permissions. Just go to X > Settings and enable the Posts there:

Please open up a separate thread if you need a follow up.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.