Cornerstone not working, unable to edit

Hi,

I have been away for a while, not checking anything. But somewhere over the last month, Cornerstone stopped working and it is still not solved. I did post this before and got some solutions but none of them worked or I could not find out how to follow your instructions. Could you help me out? www.shaunettehildabrand.com

Thanks,
Nathalie

1 Like

Hi There,

Cornerstone is working fine on your site. I can able to edit any page in the cornerstone.

Can you please confirm if you have the issue with any particular page or post?

Thanks

Hi,
I tried on 3 computers now and the homepage http://www.shaunettehildabrand.com/x/#/content/17 for eg. does not work, nor does the events page. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi @yowga,

Both home page and your events page are working.

You could try increasing your PHP memory limit allocation.

To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

I hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

OK, now I knew where to look :slight_smile: It had something to do with a plugin called W3 Total Cache. Thanks, I have it working again.

Sorry, it works on my computer not on my client’s or on my laptop mac OS 10.11.5 and Chrome Version 47.0.2526.111 . I added the lines to the wp-config file.

As a side note: how do I turn on notifications for your replies?

Hi there,

I have tried checking the pages on Cornerstone and they load fine on my end as well. Please try to clear the browser cache of your client’s computer or try loading the site in Incognito or private browsing mode and see if Cornerstone loads fine.

To get notifications, you may switch from Normal mode to Watching.

Tried both to no avail. I also notice the whole site has become very slow. My guess is that it has to do with the M.E. Calendar. Any suggestions?

My webhost confirms that it is the Events Calendar. Are there any Theme X approved alternatives to this plugin?

Hi Nathalie,

Modern Events Calendar (M.E.C) is one of X approved plugins, so we do provide support for it and we don’t have any other alternatives currently.

Upon checking I see that even though you have increased memory limit, your current memory limit is set to 384MB. Some hosts does not allow to increase this values, in that case you will need to contact your hosting provider or upgrade your hosting plan.

Also could you please try adding the following code into your wp-config.php file which you can locate on the root of your WordPress installation. Locate the following line and add the following line of code define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );.

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); 
if ( WP_DEBUG ) {
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
}

This will create a log file under your wp-content directory named as debug.log. Then when you work on the site, it will record any error messages in the error log file. You will see more specific errors on the log file which helps you to resolve the issue.

Thanks!

The php memory_limit is set to 512MB now (the maximum I can get).
debug added to wp_config.
all 3rd party plugins removed
“accordion” style in Display option changed to “minimal”

Result:
No improvement, still cannot open cornerstone on the laptops, calendar still very slow, no error log created.

Can I provide more info on the laptop to help you find the problem?

I Have this problem too.
My client updated their x-theme/cornerstone and now they cannot edit ANY posts with cornerstone (pages are fine) … this is one of the main reasons I set them up with x-theme.

Cornerstone version installed: Version 3.1.6
X-Theme version installed: Version: 6.1.6

I’ve tried logging in from my computer on different browsers and incognito browser as well and no luck finding cornerstone edit for posts.

Please help!

Hey guys here’s an update… I rolled back cornerstone to version 3.0.2 and now posts can be edited again with cornerstone. This tells me that the issue is definitely with the newest update of cornerstone. Hope support can fix this!

Thanks! How do you revert to an old version though?

Hello @yowga,

From members area you can download the stability release 3.0.4. To rollback, you need to deactivate and delete Cornerstone from Plugins > Installed Plugins. After that download stability release and upload Cornerstone from Plugins > Add New. I am also sharing the direct download link that you can use to download.

Thanks.

Ok, that fixed this but now I have lost my background picture in all pages! I tried re-adding but it just does not show up anymore …

Also the photo gallery is gone … I’m ready to give up on Theme X and just switch to something more user friendly.
I’m missing a basic guide on how to start a simple site in such a way that I don’t have to spend hours trying to fix simple things.

Hi @yowga,

I understand the frustration, we assumed that you’re only using the cornerstone. So please downgrade your theme to the stable version as well. A mismatched version will trigger javascript error that will cause other issues, including this background.

Let’s continue troubleshooting once they are downgraded :slight_smile:

Thanks!

OK, theme downloaded, but how do I downgrade?

Hi There,

Please login to your FTP account then rename this directory from wp-content/themes/x to wp-content/themes/x.old.

After that extract the zip file above then upload the x folder to this directory: wp-content/themes/

Let us know how it goes!