Cornerstone not working, unable to edit

Hi @yowga,

I understand the frustration, we assumed that you’re only using the cornerstone. So please downgrade your theme to the stable version as well. A mismatched version will trigger javascript error that will cause other issues, including this background.

Let’s continue troubleshooting once they are downgraded :slight_smile:

Thanks!

OK, theme downloaded, but how do I downgrade?

Hi There,

Please login to your FTP account then rename this directory from wp-content/themes/x to wp-content/themes/x.old.

After that extract the zip file above then upload the x folder to this directory: wp-content/themes/

Let us know how it goes!

Something is missing in the instructions, I’m afraid … I renamed the folder to “x.old” but then I can no longer log in to my site www.shaunettehildabrand.com/wp-login to upload the new theme. I decided to rename back to “x” but I can still not log in.

Hello

I receive the following error. Please help

The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

@yowga , what error you’re getting? The correct URL should be http://www.shaunettehildabrand.com/wp-login.php. I’m able to see the login page instead of 404 page. If you’re referring to wrong credentials then I’m sure it’s not related to renaming the folder.

@mvbv08, please start a new thread regarding this issue and provide your login credentials in the secure note. Please don’t provide them in other’s thread for security purposes.

For the meantime, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

OK. Now, I’m able to log in but back to the original problem. Cornerstone does not open on my macbook and the clients pc, only on my iMac. The everspinning wheel is back ;-).

I’ll check my clients browser versions and let you know. It must be a browser issue …

Hi @yowga,

Could you try it again? It happens on three loads, but it’s okay now. Maybe it’s just hosting performance related.

Thanks!

Hello thanks, How can I start up a new tread and use the secure note. I try to check your other list to do first.
The error occurs after updating X theme. In an other website I have I did not update and there it still works

Hi @mvbv08,

I recommend going to forum main page, then click Enter Support Forum button. Then click the + Topic button just above the topic lists.

Then, once you opened a topic, make sure to post it first. You can only add a secure note once it’s posted.

Thanks!

Still doing it. I have 8 other wordpress sites with this host (not using X). None of them have any problems.

Thanks I added a new tread

@yowga Looks like random, this could be host performance related. I can confirm that the issue just back about 10mins, then while troubleshooting, it just works.

The the issue appears again, until now it’s not loading.

Have you implemented the memory limit increase? Are you on shared hosting too?

@mvbv08, thanks, let’s discuss it there :slight_smile:

The host works fine on my iMac … I never have any problems there. So I don’t think that’s it. The memory was increased to the maximum of 512. I’m on 123webhost.be. They have been hosting my websites for almost 10 years now without a problem. So it’s very unlikely the problem is with them. They tell me there is a conflict with Modern E Calendar.

And you are correct, it seems random. My client works with Chrome’s latest version Version 67.0.3396.87, she’s never able to use Cornerstone. On my macbook, this version sometimes gets me into Cornerstone. On the iMac both Safari and Chrome work …

Hi @yowga,

Yes, that’s just weird. Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials in a secure note? I’ll try disabling the plugins there without affecting the data. Just to see if this is plugin related, especially the MEC and its features.

Thanks!

OK, here it is.

Hey Talie,

It’s weird that I didn’t experienced the issue described here (see secure note). This could be browser related. Could you tell your client to use Chrome Incognito mode or Firefox? Also ask your client if he/she has browser extensions and tell her to deactivate all of them temporarily to test if one of them is causing the issue.

Thanks.

Ok, I asked her but we are in different continents so there may be some delay.

Could you check the events page though, that is the one giving most problems.

Hi,

I checked your events page and it seems to be working fine.

See Video - https://www.screencast.com/t/nihyslnV

Please let us know what you find out with your clients browser.

Thanks