Cornerstone not working to edit

I logged into the site to make an update and i can’t edit any pages. it looks like you changed the configuration of cornerstone to now show content in the side channel and then click edit button - which im not sure why. but then nothing loads. see attached.

Hey @katriley ,

There are several factors that could cause that. Please follow the suggestions in Troubleshooting - Builder Preview Warnings first.

Thanks.

Did you even look at the screenshot that I attached? there are no error messages appearing to troubleshoot. I lookted at the warnings but im not getting anything liket that. Also, this was working last week and for the last few weeks, its only in the last week that it has stopped working. Can you please give me more guidance on how to fix what I am seeing?

Hi there,

Could you please add your site link and login information on a secure note? We need to check.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I found two possible causes, it’s loading another URL http://www.myphonesupport.com/wp-content/, which originates from jquery.js. And an internal server error, would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well so I could check it? I couldn’t capture the request as it redirects back to listing page.

Thanks!

ok i updated the secure note with ftp information.

thanks

Hi there,

I increased the memory limit and turn off debug logging. It seems to be working now, could you try it on your end? But please clear your browser cache before testing.

Thanks!

Yes its working now thank you.

the other site that I sent you - same login and pw i sent for the other (its saved in secure note) can you tell me why that one is just hanging now and not loading when you click to edit in cornerstone? was there a change with the last update or something that all these sites now need their settings updated?

please let me know, thank you

Hi there,

The more active plugins and more active features, then more needed memory allocation. The update may contain new features that trigger the memory issue. The solution would be turning off other plugins to give more room to new main features or increase the memory limit.

It’s the same when new versions of software or game, it may require higher specs in the next coming versions depending on new features :wink:

I’m not saying it’s the issue on your second site is the same, but please try that as well. Check the fixed first site’s wp-config.php through FTP, and check how memory limit and WP_DEBUG is set, then try applying the same setup in your second site’s wp-config.php. Please don’t copy the entire content, just the line WP_DEBUG and MEMORY LIMIT.

Thanks!

Hello

So i did what you said and made the change in the config file on the second site, i also cleared the cache. Still just getting the spinning icon. The site doesnt use many plugins at all. This does seem like a different problem than the other site so it may require a different solution. Im hoping other clients wont be calling with these same problems so it would be great if we could figure out what is happening here so i could fix theirs as well. :slight_smile:

Hi there,

In that case, please provide your second site’s FTP login credentials as well. I’ll check the logs to see what’s really causing this :slight_smile:

Thanks!

i updated the PHP setting and its still not working- client is very frustrated. can you please help. just get spinning icon - cornerstone never loads

Hi There,

Upon checking your issue further, I see that you’re using PHP v5.4.45 on your server which could cause conflicts. Could you please ask your hosting provider to update it to PHP v5.6.32 or later to avoid incompatibility issues and then test Cornerstone again.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.