Cornerstone Not Working Properly and Features on Website Stopped Working Since Update

Hi, since there was an update with Cornerstone, when I go to edit a page, there are things that don’t show on the left area when I click on a section. Also, features have stopped working on the front end of the site.

Home Page

1. The section ‘Soar Above Your Competitor With Us’ - there is supposed to be a video playing in the background, but it’s not showing anymore. I’ve tried to see what’s going on with it in Cornerstone, but when I click on it, nothing shows to the left of the page in the Inspector.

2. The dark brown strip under ‘Soar Above Your Competitor With Us’ has a title that was set using an animation, but now it doesn’t show at all on the front end and I have the same issue in Cornerstone with when I click on it, nothing shows in the left side of the screen for me to edit.

3. Above the footer, I have used the Tabs element. There are 5 tabs and now nothing happens when you click on them to expand! They display fine in Cornerstone, it’s just on the front end that they’re not clickable.

Thanks!

Hey there,

Please update Cornestone to the latest compatible version. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

There’s also a Google Map error relating to missing API. I see you’re using UberMenu. Please go to Appearance > UberMenu > General Settings and uncheck Load Google Maps API

I don’t see an issue with your site on the front-end though. Please clear all caches including browser cache then check again.

Thanks.

I’ve cleared my cache on both my macs and on one it looks fine on the front end, but on the other it doesn’t and on both I’m having problems with Cornerstone not displaying things properly and I have the up to date version.
I’ve attached screen grabs with a few notes for your reference.

Thanks!

The front-end issue on one of your computer might be a result of browser extension conflict. Please deactivate browser extensions and test again. It is not an issue with X since it works on my end and one of your computers.

For the Cornerstone issue, if your using optimization plugins, please clear all caches and deactivate them then test again. If you’re using Cloudflare, disconnect your site from Cloudflare. If that doesn’t help, keep all third party plugins deactivated and give us access to your WordPress admin in a secure note.

Thanks.

Hi, but what I don’t understand is that it was all working fine until X Theme had an update, so to me, the issue lies somewhere in there, or it’s that which has caused a problem elsewhere!

I can’t disconnect the site from Cloudflare as that’s all through our hosting.

I’ll need to go through and check the plugins.

Cheers

Updating could break things in WordPress in general especially if you’re using caching, optimizations, customizations, etc… In our update guide at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62, it’s recommended to test in a staging server first before updating.

The best thing we can try here is to prove if X caused the issue and not third party plugins and optimizations. To do that, you can copy your site over to a staging server and we’ll investigate there without third party plugins, optimizations and customizations (if applicable). If a bug is found, we’ll report it to our development team.

But as said previously, your site works fine on my end and you also said it also works on your other computer. On my end, what will I investigate if there is no issue? Not to be rude but I hope you’ll understand my point.

Thanks.

Yep, I understand your point of you seeing it fine on the front end. The main issue is within Cornerstone itself and it not displaying the elements I need to change - you can see from the screen grabs previously sent the problem with it! I get this on both of my macs. It’s a big problem if I can’t change anything on the page I’ve created!

Cheers

Hi there,

In that case, would you mind providing your admin login credentials in a secure note? I like to see what error the builder is getting.

Thanks!

Hi Iam

Ok, I’ll give you the login details in a secure note.

Also, when I go to the ‘Custom CSS’, it’s not displaying correctly either. It comes up in a very small expandable window under the ‘Edit Global CSS’ button - I’ve attached a screen grab for you to see.

Cheers

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials. I did check Cornerstone on one of you blank pages and custom CSS and JS too. It is fine to on my end. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbiFjelTlm
Can you inspect element to see if there is any error on your part?

Hi, I’m not sure what page you were on in Cornerstone, but if you edit the Home page in Cornerstone and click on the section with the video, nothing appears for me in the left hand side for me to edit - as previously said. Viewing a blank page isn’t the same as the issue I’ve already stated and I don’t know what it will achieve, as I haven’t an issue with a blank page. I’ve uploaded the screen grab again that I supplied in my previous reply.

Hi There,

Cornerstone 2.01 had a bug and did not get uninstalled when updating it, so you had 2.01 and 2.05 installed causing a conflict.

I have removed 2.01 and updated it to 2.06

You should be good to go.

Thank you

Hi Joao

Thanks for that! It’s a shame I wasn’t told this originally as this has been going on back and forth for over 1 week! It has literally taken me hours looking into this myself on forums and asking you guys questions. We’ve been very disappointed because every WordPress site we build we use X Theme and it seemed we were being told different things by different people who replied and in some instances it was as though what I’d written hadn’t been read properly and was just delaying things.

Cheers

Hello There,

We apologized for the inconvenience. We are hoping that after the changes @Joao has made, the issue has been resolve. Could you please check your site again? If you need anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.