Cornerstone not working for me as well + updates break my site

Hello,

I noticed that many people are experiencing the same issue. Cornerstone is not working for me as well.
I am still on version 1.3.3 and X-theme version 4.6.4 It worked up to a few weeks ago (didn’t need to make any changes for a while, so not sure when it stopped).

I can also not update the Cornerstone plugin nor the X-theme as it breaks down all the pages on my site that are built with Cornerstone.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that this could be also an issue because of some conflicts with Cloudflare.

Could you please take a look at where the problem can be and let me know how to solve it.

1. I need to update Cornerstone and X-theme without breaking my site
  2. I need to get Cornerstone working again

I will update login credentials in a separate private note.

Thanks a lot.
Best regards,
Jurga

Hi There,

Please turn off Cloudfare auto minifier.

Also follow this link in order to bypass Cloudfare while in Cornerstone

https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Backup your website, and update it.

Let us know how it goes

Hi Joao, thanks for the tips. I turned off the Auto Minifier on Cloudflare (Rocket Loader is already off) and could update the X-theme. I can also use Cornerstone now.
However, I had to restore the old Cornerstone version. Because after updating the Cornerstone plugin all the content of my Home Page disappeared. You could only see the header and all the rest was blank. After I restored the plugin to the older version it all came back to normal.

So I’m fine in the meantime because my X-theme is up-to-date and I can make changes using Cornerstone, but I cannot update the Cornerstone plugin for the time being…

Any idea how to solve it or just wait for the next Cornerstone version and hope it works then?

Thanks.
Best regards,
Jurga

Hi Jurga,

Please keep the backup of your website and update so we can take a look and help you understand what is happening.

Thank you

Hi Joao, I can’t really do that because it takes so long for you guys to reply. I cannot afford it to have my home page completely blank for 30 hours… I’m sure you’ll understand. Any other solutions?
Just in case - I’m attaching the screenshot of how it looks if I update Cornerstone…
Appreciate your effort!

Hello Jurga,

I can understand that problems you are facing and let me assure we are working round the clock to help our customers. Our development team is working tirelessly to fix all the reported bugs from customers via maintenance releases. I also agree that it’s simply not a viable option for website to have a long downtime. In that regards I suggest you to please copy the website and it’s dependent file on a staging server. Once the website is on a staging server, we can perform the update over there and it also gives the option to iron out the bugs that may arise without affecting the live website. I request you to please share the login details of staging server.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant, thank you. I understand how much work you guys put into this and appreciate it. I will look into this staging server as soon as I get the chance. However, I am not a technical person, so it sounds super complicated. :slight_smile:

Anyway, in the meantime I noticed that my search button doesn’t work any more on Chrome. It worked a few weeks ago and still works on Safari. Could you help me with that? Any ideas what can cause this?
Thanks a lot!

Hi There,

Yes, setting up a staging site is kind of intimating at first. But you should not be, because the idea of this is to keep the live site running smooth while we do the updating, right? You can follow the guide Setting up Staging Environment Using cPanel here, to setup a sub-domain via cPanel.

Then follow our own guide Migrate Cornerstone Data from Site to Site here to properly migrate a site built in Cornerstone.

Let us know if something is not clear on the instructions.

I’m using Chrome and the search works on my end (https://prnt.sc/gz794b), please clear your browser’s cache or run your Chrome in incognito mode (no cache and no add-ons running).

Cheers!