Cornerstone not working for a month

Hi,
I must say I find it impossible to find my way around the X-theme help systems, articles, forums. I just hoped I have lucked on a way of submitting my problem.

The problem: Cornerstone editing has stopped working.

When: A month ago, and it is still there.

The error message: The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

What I have done: Deactivated and mucked around with plugins ang got no where after wasting heaps of time.
What have I found useful: Nothing. The search options in the Knowledge Base are basically of no use. They are often written in language I don’t understand. They might have three links in them, and each of those have four links, which means you spend forever going from one so-called helpful article or solution to another, but all to no avail. Some articles seem to be way out of date and need to be taken down or revised.

The people running the Knowledge Base and associated so-called “Help” or “Support” services need to get their act together. For a month I have not been able to edit pages on my site. That is not good enough.

Can you please provide me with the solution to getting Cornerstone working, ASAP?

Thanks in anticipation.

Hello There,

Sorry if you were unable to edit the pages using Cornerstone. To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? We need to find out what is causing this in your WP installation and resolve the issue as soon as we can.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Hi,

I will do that if I can work out how to “create a secure note”. I have done it before (12 months ago) but have forgotten what to do.

I am not sure if you realise it but your forums, knowledge base, etc are mostly unsearchable: you cannot type anything into the search area! If I could do that I would search for " secure note’ but I can’t.

Can you please fix up the search functions of your “help” systems. And if you could tell me how to do a secure note, that would help.

Regards

Hi rgboyle,

The search functionality of the forum works ok. Please check the forum with the latest version of the Chrome browser or test that with another machine.

Having said that please read the article below which will tell you how you can add a secure note:

I am sorry that it has been a month that you have the problem, but you should have contacted us sooner and we would love to do our best to help you around.

Regarding the problem that you are experiencing, it might have many different causes as there are many factors are involved. The best way of troubleshooting is as follows:

Make sure that you have a complete Backup of your website before performing any of the steps below. Contact your hosting service provider for the backup.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. (If you do not know whatCDN is ignore this stop.)
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit. (You might need to contact your hosting service provider in this case.)

To test the case make sure that you add a new test page and do all your testing stuff in the newly added page in the WordPress Dashboard.

Thank you

I have a similar problem, which occurred roughly the same timeframe.

We’ve been using Cornerstone and X just fine for some time. However, when we now try to edit a page in Cornerstone we get a js error “SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression: range out of order in character class” in the didBecomeReady() method cs-vendor.js line 983.

I have since:

• cleared all caches including restarting nginx + php-fpm
  • disabled all plugins except Cornerstone
  • disabled our child theme
  • no custom js or css
  • no memory limit
  • no cdn

We’re using PHP v7.2, Wordpress v4.9.7, X v6.1.6 and Cornerstone v3.1.6.

And ideas?

Hi @looksystems,

In that case, please start a new thread regarding this issue and provide your site’s URL and login credentials in a secure note. Then link this thread in your thread.

For the meantime, please downgrade your PHP version lower than 7.2 but should be greater or equal to 5.6. The 7.2 contains deprecated functions that may affect the builder functionalities.

Thanks!

Hey Robin,

In that case, please give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note so we could take a closer look at your setup.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your offer of assistance.

I think all is now working OK. The latest update of X Theme that we were advised about a few days ago seems to have fixed the problems.

Regards

Glad that you managed to fix the issue :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.