Cornerstone not working (blank page)

Hi!
I’m using Xtheme and Cornerstone stopped working overnight. When I try to edit a page in Cornestone it redirects me to a blank page with an “Add Media” message in the upper corner (please check attached).

I tried to fix it by uninstalling and then installing the plugin, but it didn’t work.

Many thanks!!

Hi Pamela,

If the issue is not coming from a plugin, then it maybe from a custom code. You don’t have a child theme though. Did you add any custom JS code or edited the main theme to add some customization? If yes please try to remove those and check again.

If that is not the root cause of the issue, we might need to check it directly. Please share site credentials inside a secure note.

Hello Pamela,

Thanks for providing the credentials. I have logged in and even in your WP dashboard there seems to be a JS error. This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. It is best that do a test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi Renuel,

Thanks for your help. I have deactivated all plugins but the problem persists. What do you suggest I do now?

Many thanks!
Pamela

Hi Pamela,

I checked the website and added a new page using Cornerstone and added an Alert Element and it worked with no problem.

I also checked one of the pages and it works correctly. I wonder if there is a specific page in question which is not working or it is for all pages for you?

For me, everything work correctly. Please kindly make sure that you use another browser or machine to check the admin. I used Chrome browser latest version.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

Thank you very much. You are right. It seems to be a browser problem. I’ve been working on Firefox but now I checked it on Chrome and works seemingly well.

Many thanks!

Hi Pamela,

Thank you and glad that you managed to fix the issue :slight_smile: .

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.