Cornerstone Not Working Aug '18

Since I moved from GoDaddy to BlueHost last week, my Cornerstone is opening as non-formatted text. I’ve reinstalled and cleared the cache. Also, my contact7 forms are giving a confirmation message but no email is being delivered. Any ideas?

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for writing in, please confirm the following.

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. While you’re at it, please deactivate this caching feature while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

• Remove custom Javascript and custom templates on your child theme (if any).

• Reset your .htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

• Contact your hosting provider to increase your allocated memory limit or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
```

You can add it before the line:

```
/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
```

After doing all this and the issue still persists, please clarify the issue and provide us the site URL and credentials in a **Secure Note** so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @jschoeller

Please make sure you are running the latest version of WordPress, if this doesn’t help, then please provide us with WordPress Dashboard login details in a “Secure Note” so we can investigate this issue.

Thanks.

Hello There,

It seems that you have migrated the site built with Cornerstone incorrectly. Did you use any migration plugin or have migrated from GoDaddy to BlueHost manually? Please review this knowledge base article on how to properly migrate your site: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I checked and can see that you are using an old version of wordpress (V 4.8.2)

Please update to the latest version which is V4.9.8 and make sure that your server is running on at least PHP Version5.6

Don’t forget to create full backup of your site before updating.

Thanks

When I check and refresh the “Updates” screen, it doesn’t show me that it’s an old version or prompt me to update. In fact, it thanks me on the about screen for updating to the latest version. I’ve contacted the host and they said that automatic updates are on via their backend. How can I force an update without losing my site and customization?

Hello There,

To fully understand how you can update WordPress, please check out this codex:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress

And to make sure that you update without losing your site and customizations, I would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Thanks.