Cornerstone not working at all after update

Hej,
Today there were three updates in my WP dashboard. I update and since then Cornerstone simply does not work anymore.

On the top of my dashboard it says : Congratulations, you’ve successfully updated X! Be sure to check out the release notes and changelog to see all that has changed, especially if you’re utilizing any additional plugins or have made modifications to your website via a child theme.

But when I want to use Cornerstone…the black square with white circle shows up…as usual…but it just keeps on going.

I tried to deactivate Cornerstone and install it again ( as I read somewhere in the support forum) …but nothing happens.
What do I do?

Thanks for answering in advance
Irene

Hello Irene,

Thanks for asking.

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  8. Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi. @Prasant I too have this problem and have done all of the above except:

• Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Which htaccess file? There are a bunch in my file directory.

Thanks!

Hi Jenna,

There should only by one .htaccess file present in the root directory of your Wordpress installation because it is not possible to have files with the same name. Perhaps the other htaccess files you are seeing are backup htaccess files. Kindly find the file with the name .htaccess without other characters in its file name.

Hope this helps.

Having the same issue with mine. I tried the steps provided here but its still missing in action. Looks like other people are noticing the issue on the FB group as well.

RESOLVED. There’s another thread with the answer. You have to activate it in the new Permissions Manger. WP Dashboard/Pro/Settings

@stotman … Glad you were able to resolve it.

@irene.tcd … If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note, so that we can look into your issue.

Thanks!

I apologize that I was not clear. There are .htaccess files in various directories; I do not know which one to look in. Is the “root directory of your Wordpress installation” the very top level folder or is the one in the public_html folder which then as the wp-content, wp-admin, etc. folders?

@mldarshana - I am having the same issue and cant seem to resolve it. Any more help
would be appreciated thanks

Hi,

Please check `Theme Settings and make sure it is enabled for pages and posts.

Hope that helps

Hi @irene.tcd,

Maybe there is a problem in your current installation, I tried logging in but nothing happens. It just refreshes the login page without any message if it’s wrong. If the password is incorrect, then please provide the correct one. And please provide your FTP login credentials so I could disable the plugins through that without affecting its data.

Thanks!

Hej Rad,

Hope this is what you’re looking for

Hello There,

Did you change the password of your WordPress installation?
Please give us the updated one.

Thanks.

Hej RueNel,

No, I didn’t change anything and just tried ( twice) to log in …it worked perfectly

I had that trouble some time ago when using the wp-admin…so therefore use the wp-login.php

Regards
Irene

Hey Irene,

I could not access your FTP (see secure note) because of IP restriction. Please remove the restriction because though I could login to your host, I couldn’t navigate through it because it’s not in English.

Thanks.

Hej Christian_y

Pls help…I have no idea where to find this IP restriction

Hi @irene.tcd,

I’m able to log in through hosting manager. The error that caused it to fail is this

Invalid regular expression: /[À-ß][€-¿]|[à -ï][€-¿]{2}|[ð-÷][€-¿]{3}/: Range out of order in character class

It’s present here /wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.js, so I compared it to my own cs-vendor.js, it has different content. It has much other content and obscured numbers compared to the original.

So I upload the correct one, but it is too, the content is changed. BUT, I downloaded the files through FTP and the correct content is displayed. Which means, the issue is how your host served the files.

This should be the correct file content, https://www.dropbox.com/s/8eqeu4zrgijzk9g/cs-vendor.js?dl=0

But when viewed in the browser, it’s displayed like this

View Image

I recommend contacting your hosting provider about this issue and provide the details discussed here. They can check this cs-vendor.js and compare the code being served and the actual code in installed file.

Thanks!

Hej Rad,

Thanks, I will send this to them and hear what they have to say.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Likewise!:grinning: