Cornerstone not showing any elements at all

Hello, for some reason, Cornerstone looks broken for new pages. I can only download preset templates and edit those instead.

To elaborate, when I create a new page and use cornerstone, when I add elements or even edit the background of the section, nothing is happening at all. I see the shortcodes generated on the text view of the page, but on the frontend and cornerstone, nothing is happening.

I can make edits on template pages, but can’t seem to create a brand new page.

I tested using several computers and using Chrome. Have not tested other browsers.

I have provided you with login credentials, and I’m guessing a secure note will have to be a reply, so I will post on the next response.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Probably it could be related to your PHP max script execution time, which is set to 30 currently. Could you please try increasing it to a value 120 or higher and test this issue again.

You need to edit PHP.INI file to increase it. For more information, please check (http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-fatal-error-maximum-execution-time-exceeded-in-wordpress/).

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hmm… adding the code on the .htaccess file breaks the site… and there is no php.ini file, not that I can see at least… will I be able to add a code to a .user.ini file instead?

Hi There,

Your version of X and Cornerstone is not compatible, you have the latest Cornerstone (3.0.4) but outdated X (5.1.0). Please update X to the latest version (6.0.4).

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Welp, that’s it! Haha… thanks!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.