Cornerstone not saving changes

Trying to update my homepage with cornerstone, but the changes are not fully saving. I see based on the forum that this has been an issue for others. We have tried maximizing the memory, with no success. Where can I send my credentials for a little more help?

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, can you confirm to your host that increasing the MEMORY_LIMIT you did actually take effect? Sometimes hosting does not allow their users to increase the MEMORY_LIMIT on their own.

Things you can check, if you have some JavaScript on your content try removing it and see if the page save. JavaScript should not be on the content, there is a place for JS codes on the Theme Options > JS

Also you could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, especially plugins has something to do with SECURITY and SEO, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

You can provide a credentials on a Secure Note

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi There,

I am seeing an 500 Internal Server Error on your Cornerstone (https://prnt.sc/geo52c), most of the time this is a server side issue, please contact your hosting and let them know about this issue, make sure to whitelist the Requested URL on that screenshot.

Another thing, all Themeco’s extensions are now on version 2.0.x, since you’re using the latest X theme its worth updating your extensions (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

To update the extensions to version 2.0.x, follow these steps:

• Ensure your theme is validated so Extensions can be installed automaticaly
  • Deactivate and delete the plugin.
  • On the theme overview page, locate and install the plugin from “Extensions”.
  • Visit “Plugins” in your Dashbaord to activate the newly installed version.

Because all of the plugin settings are stored in the database, and because version 2.0.x will migrate settings from older versions, it’s safe to use this method of deleting the previous version.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This resolved the issue for more:

We recommend the following settings and configurations for your server.

• PHP 5.6 or greater
  • MySQL 5.6 or greater
  • The mod_rewrite Apache module
  • PHP Max Execution time set to 300

Thank you for sharing, surely this will help others :slight_smile:

Cheers!