Cornerstone not rendering classic elements in preview after update

Hi there,

After updating my classic elements are not displaying in the Cornerstone preview anymore.

Below is all I can see:

I’m using Pro and have the latest version.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there,

Please kindly follow up the trounbleshooting steps below and get back to us with the result:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you are still experiencing the issue kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for such a quick reply.

I just ran through point 1-7 and still no luck…Even tried updating the memory limit via PHP settings on my host.

Added a secure note, if you could help at all?

Thanks!

Hey @warren_aspeling,

Here’s the warning when I try to drag an element to the page.

The content is not loaded because some security setting in your host is preventing it. Please contact your hosting provider to whitelist Pro’s resources. This might be related to the issue in this thread.

Thanks.

Thanks again.

Just spent about an hour on the phone with my hosting provider.

They have said that nothing is being triggered by their security that they can see and even if there was something they wouldn’t just whitelist it as that is a poor solution.

This is obviously a known issue from your guy’s side as the thread you directed me to has several people experiencing the same issue on various hosts.

Do you think you will be addressing this as it obviously makes Pro theme useless for a lot of your customers.

Hi there,

There are some users that have the similar issue but different causes. What we provided are just workaround to narrow down the possible causes. And we need to eliminate each possible cause one at a time until we find the main and root issue.

If it’s theme issue then we’ll sure get the same result in all of our installations and for all users.

Are you on shared hosting? I tried uploading the cornerstone plugin to test with off from Pro and got this error

The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

This simply means your host has many limitations, the plugin is just 3mb of size. I tried overriding that limit and it won’t let me. Please reach out again this time and ask if it’s possible to increase the post max limit and upload max limit to 65mb and memory limit to 512mb. Shared hosting will not allow you to increase the memory limit even if you changed it under wp-config.php. New update could contain new features and of course, more memory usage, even the slider alone recommends at least 256mb, imagine if there a rich featured theme and more plugins.

The main issue why it’s not working is because it won’t load the script and preview required for the builder to function. And we need to find why, and our first troubleshooting is to check the site’s performance and restrictions.

And there is also a fatal error originating from this code

add_action( 'x_after_view_partials_icon', 'cpm_x_get_view' );
function cpm_x_get_view() {

$item_count = WC()->cart->get_cart_contents_count();
  if ( $item_count > 0 ) {
    echo '<span class="c-item-count">';
    if ( 1 == $item_count ) {
      echo $item_count.' item';
    } elseif ( $item_count > 1 ) {
      echo $item_count.' items';

}
    echo '<span>';
  }
}

You may temporarily remove that too, but make sure to back it up.

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function WC() in /home/capillumfortis/public_html/stage/wp-content/themes/pro-child/functions.php on line 174

Thanks!

Thanks for your help Rad.

The limits have been increased to the following:

I’ve also reached out to the developer that added the fatal error code to ask to fix.

It’s still in for now, but let me know if you think it should be removed…tried removing it but no luck in it helping the Cornerstone issue.

Hi there,

I double checked your website. I checked the Homepage of your website. It took so much long time but at last, it actually loaded the elements. There is a serious performance problem which causes the builder to fail to render the elements. This will be more intense for pages that are longer. I am not sure what is the page that you took the screenshot but it has many sections. The resources of your hosting service provider cannot handle that many sections and they fail to load. The homepage which had only 3 section took forever to load.

By the way, the memory limit is not 512 it is 256, kindly make it 512.

I strongly suggest that you check the case by moving your WordPress website to your local machine and test the case. If the page in question works ok on your machine then you need to consider changing your hosting service provider or purchase a better plan. We also have hosting service that you might be interested in:

Kindly get back to us with the result of the test you have done for the local machine which I suggested. Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

You were 100% correct, the memory limit was set to 256.

I didn’t think it would need more, but it did and now works perfectly!

Apologies for the back and forth and thank you!

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.