Cornerstone not loading!

The page gets stuck on the loading screen circle.
All plugins were disabled and the problem continues. Both X theme and Cornerstone are updated.

Hi there,

Please check for the following as well:

1. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

4. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

5. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Let us know how it goes.

I cleared the caches, changed the template, then went back to Theme X. I still have the same issue.
I’m not sure how to remove custom CSS and Javascripts. I couldn’t find my .htaccess-bak file.
It seems it’s only Cornerstone that’s not working. Please help.

Hello @josmata91,

Thanks for updating thread.

My colleague suggested you to rename .htaccess file to .htaccess-bak. Under root folder of the server you will get .htaccess file. To remove custom CSS and JS (if any) you need remove from X > Launch > Options > CSS and JS.

In case you still face issues, please share website login details along with URL for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

I have tried all that. Then reactivate Theme X and Cornerstone still is not working.
My website is: www.jtaudiovideo.com

Thanks.

Hello @josmata91,

Thanks for sharing login details. Upon checking the website and can see that on server you are still using PHP version 5.4.45. Please note that runing old version of PHP can cause potential conflicting issues. Kindly get in touch with hosting provider to upgrade PHP. Please note that WordPress requires PHP 7 or greater. You can also refer following document for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Okay, so I upgraded to PHP 7. What should I do now?
Thanks.

Hi There,

The credentials you provided above does not work, so I was not able to look at the backend.

But I saw this, that is strange because those files are critical to the Theme and your site is not giving/loading it.

Did a failed update happen on your site recently?

Please re-install your X THEME, but follow the Manual X Update Via FTP guide provided here, this is to make sure that your X THEME is clean and all files needed exist.

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Fixed it. I deleted X and then uploaded it again to WordPress.

Glad to know you were able to foxed it. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.