Cornerstone not loading properly

Hi, I am recieving the following message when I load a page to edit in Cornerstone.

Hey!
Loading the preview took longer than expected. There may be script conflicts on this page.

Additionally, I don’t see my content in preview. I only see spinning icons that indicate it is trying to load.

I have tried everything I could find in the forum but I have been unable to get it working. I have tried clearing cashe disabling pluggins all to no avail I also checked and found that MySql is 5.6.33.

I’d be happy to provide you with site credentials but I don’t see how to do that privately.

Thanks,
Gary

Hi @tiggertx,

Thanks for writing in.

Don’t forget to check first if all your cornerstone and X theme is updated.

Latest version can be seen here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

If still not working, please try to install transient cleaner:

1. Install Transient Cleaner (https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/artiss-transient-cleaner/)
  2. Navigate Dashboard -> Tools -> Transients
  3. Set Clear Expired Transients -> Enable
  4. Select Run Now
  5. Set Remove All Transients -> Enable
  6. Set Remove All Transients -> Optimize Afterwards
  7. Select Run Now
  8. Recheck your Cornerstone for functionality

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

1 Like

I had previously completed both of those suggestions to no avail.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Hi Gary,

Have you tried adding the following code into your wp-config.php file as well? If not, please do.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Then confirm if it is taking effect by installing WP ServerInfo and navigating to Dashboard > WP ServerInfo, some hosting does not allow their users to increase the memory limit manually so you need to contact them and ask how you can increase the php memory limit effectively. And also see to it that your PHP and MYSQL version is not lower than 5.6

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi Friech

I had already checked PHP and MYSQL they are both up 5.6.

I have inserted the above and now have these readings from WP ServerInfo. I’m not really sure what I am looking at. So, would you tell me if it is correct?

Thanks

Hey There,

In that case, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

I have given the information you asked for.

Hello There,

Only the ftp details is correct. We cannot check and test Cornerstone in your dashboard because the given WP credentials is not working for us. It seems that the username X-Access is invalid. Could you please double and provide the correct username?

Thank you in advance.

The credentials are now corrected. Sorry about that.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have finally logged in to your site. I tested Cornerstone and I found out that there is a JS error on the page. It throws in Error 403 Forbidden Error.

The page request returns 403 and it’s mostly related to security. Please contact your hosting provider and see if they can disable the security or exclude that URL and all requests (all payload related to that URL ) from your security rules.

Please let us know how it goes.

Can I ask if that plugin could effectively replace W3 TotalCache?

Hi,

May I know which plugin are you referring to?

Cornerstone is a page builder while w3 total cache is a cache plugin.

These two plugins are completely different from each other so it can’t replace w3 total cache.

As suggested by my colleague kindly contact your host and make sure that the url cornerstone-endpoint is white listed.

Thanks

I have found my problem. There were no 403 errors showing up in the logs with my provider. It is a conflict with the JS. The media player that I have been using for sermons is a JS player. When I delete it the error goes away. When I try to put it back it never finishes saving. I am currently trying to figure out what to change to fix it.
I like it because the sermons can be uploaded into a folder and it shows up in the player automatically. I had the script in a “raw elements” box and until recently it worked fine, until recently. Any suggestions on how to insert something like that?

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! It sounds like you might be having an issue with a third party plugin or script. Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.