Cornerstone not loading help

Cornerstone visual editor is not loading. Can you help?

Hi there,

Please check for the following first:

• We’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  • If the issue is still there, please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

• If you are still seeing an issue, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the help, but Cornerstone is still not loading. We have:

1. increased the memory allocations as you instructed us to do
  2. updated X and Cornerstone and all other plugins
  3. Deactivated all our plugins

Any additional ideas? We really need to be able to edit our website…Jason

Hi There @Noble

In that case, you can install this plugin, activate it and then head over to Dashboard -> WP-Serverinfo area and check your server configurations.

Mainly check the following values.

PHP version: We recommend to use PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid incompatibility issues. If you’re using a version below, you need to update your PHP version.

PHP Max script execution time: We recommend the value 120 or a higher value of 300. Refer (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time).

PHP Memory limit: Some hosting providers do not allow to change this manually. If you don’t see the increased value which 512MiB, you need to contact your hosting provider to increase it.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your login credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Will do, thanks!

I just noticed a “must-use” plugin called:

SSO
Version 0.2 | By Garth Mortensen, Mike Hansen

I have not seen this prior to this morning, and was wondering if it might be causing any issues. I have not updated it as that is not an option through the WP dashboard. From what I found it might be a plugin installed by BlueHost, not sure. I am not sure if I am even able to update this particular plugin or deactivate it to see if it is causing the issue. Do you have any thought on this?

I also, use the plug in you recommended to check our server and things look good there:

1. Our PHP version is fine @ v5.6.32
  2. PHP Max script execution time looks to be OK @ 600s
  3. PHP memory limit is in-line @ 512MiB

Thanks again, Jason

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in again!

Can you please send your login details in a secure note as mentioned by @mldarshana in the above post ?
Do that we can check.

Thanks

Ok, just posted in a secure note our server login details.

Hi @Noble

Thanks for providing Bluehost account login credentials, but actually, we need your WordPress Dashboard login credentials, those used to log in via this page:

Thanks.

Right, ok, just updated our secure note.

Hi @Noble,

Have you just recently updated your theme to 6.1.6? I see errors originating from minified files served by rocket loader.

The issue is caused by rocket loader and CloudFlare’s optimization. Could you try disabling the Rocket Loader in your CloudFlare account? Then please purge your CF cache.

Else, please provide your CF login credentials as well.

Thanks!

Thank your for looking in to this. I’ve updated our secure note with our CloudFlare login credentials. -Jason

Hi Jason,

I’ve only deactivated RockerLoader on your Cloudflare account:

And now, the page builder is working fine, I suggest keeping RocketLoader turned off for now, it’s still in beta, check this quoted text from Cloudflare:

Rocket Loader is considered Beta because it’s an experimental feature that modifies the loading and execution flow of Javascript. While efforts are taken to increase Rocket Loader’s compatibility with third-party Javascripts, not all scripts work with this feature. Issues with Rocket Loader affect only a small percentage of customers.

Thanks.

Thank your very much. It looks like things are back and working like they typically do. You do great work! -Jason

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.