Cornerstone Not Loading Fully / Cannot Create Pages

I am unable to use a visual composer (COrnerstone or WP Bakery) with this theme. It is extremely frustrating. I built it on the old Bakery visual composer, then they had an overhaul so my current pages only work as/is. I cannot update to new plugin or it breaks the old code. The old plugin doesn’t work anymore either – meaning I can’t visually compose anything with it. It will only recognize the old code it was created with but not allow further page creations.

I have already attempted to get support for that and the results are no good. I will need to upgrade to new WP Bakery plugin and completely rebuild my site if I want to use that branded plugin.

That is/was the beginning of my frustration. Now, reluctantly I try to use Cornerstone and it does not work either. The page I get looks like so:

It does not allow me to create any pages and only allows me to see my existing pages as “Content” or so-called “Templates”. I cannot do anything with it.

I have attempted all of the suggestions in the following links (with the exception changing my PHP Max Execution Time to 300 because I do not know how to) with no luck.

My wp-config.php has this added
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

I have disabled any caching plugins
I have uninstalled and reinstalled cornerstone as indicated

No solution is working.

Please log into my page and see if Cornerstone can work for you to create a page and/or a post with it. If you can fix it from your end, please do so. I have spent numerous days and hours since I purchased this theme just trying to get any visual composer to work – contacting support, reading the forum, etc. – and I’m extremely frustrated with this theme. Or, if you can somehow find a way for my legacy WP Bakery Visual plugin to work, that would also be helpful.

I purchased it for ease of use but over the years with your different updates and extension/plugin updates, any visual composer on here is useless to me because my site was built when your theme was in its infancy. I am being forced into completely rebuilding this site to accomodate the updates. But, if this can be fixed it will ease the pain and perhaps prevent me from needing to do so.

THank you in advance.

1 Like

Of course, now trying all of those fixes and then writing this long-winded support ticket, one of the fixes must have been successful. Cornerstone works (for now!).

If you are feeling so inclined, if you could still log into my site and see if there is some way to still use WP Bakery VIsual Composer to either create new pages or edit previous ones, I will (may) be one happy camper. I would like to not have to rebuild my site to edit my current pages.

Thank you in advance.

May I ask what you did as I am facing the same issues @SonicSystems?

Hi @SonicSystems,

Happy to hear that your cornerstone is working already however your visual composer is not. As I checked your site, I could see that your Visual Composer is outdated to the latest version of X theme.

The version compatible with X or Pro can be seen in this page below.

You can update your Visual Composer the the latest version by removing it in your plugin page then reinstalling it again via your X theme adds on.

https://your.url/wp-admin/admin.php?page=x-addons-home

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

that does not work. It’s not a matter of updating the plugin if you didn’t read what I initially put.

If I update the plugin it breaks the site. The code written on the pages is from a previous version. If updated, the new plugin does not recognize the code.

What I am frustrated about it that X-Theme included this plugin when I bought the theme. I updated as necessary throughout, but then there was some overhaul and rebranding of WP Bakery. After that, everyone who previously was using X-THeme and WP Bakery plugin lost all their capabilities. You guys updated X-Theme but didn’t allow for legacy use of people using the plugin that YOU supplied with it.

Basically, you guys made your theme work with only the new plugin. Meanwhile, hundreds or thougsands of us built our sites on the old plugin. You guys should fix your theme so that those of us who have been using it from the beginning can continue to use it without having to rebuild our sites completely.

I know how to update a plugin. I’m sure everyone here knows how to update a plugin. That is not the solution for this. The solution is for X-Theme to ensure that their theme doesn’t make the old WP Bakery useless. Updating this plugin will render my entire site broken. The new WP Bakery does not use the old WP Bakery code. Then, your theme is no longer compatible with the old plugin. You guys wiped out a ton of us with this change.

1 Like

Is your issue with WP Bakery or Cornerstone? If it is Cornerstone, I followed all of the directions from Prasant in this post, except for #3 and #4 in his suggestions. After about 30 mins or so Cornerstone began working properly.

If it is with regards to WP Bakery, no luck at all. I cannot use it as a visual composer. My pages are all now code. There are no building blocks or otherwise to edit them. As mentioned in my other comments, I also cannot update the visual composer or else my pages will all break. I’m stuck with that unless X-Theme fixes it from their end or I rebuild each and every page with the new WP Visual Composer.

Hey @SonicSystems,

Thanks for sharing.
This is very detailed and informative for other users who have encountered the issue.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.