Cornerstone not loading from X theme

I purchased X Theme and it is working fine but Cornerstone does not load I have reinstalled Wordpress and disabled all other plugins and it still will not fully load - it is only displaying text.

1 Like

Hi @Williamson654321,

Thanks for writing in.

Not sure what you mean with it only displays text. Would you mind sharing us a screenshot.

Usual fix for this is outdated X theme with updated cornerstone. Update your X theme and Cornerstone to the latest version.

You could try also Increasing the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Here is a screen capture of cornerstone. X theme was just downloaded, as was cornerstone, I will send url/user/pass in a secure note.

Hi there,

The problem is caused because of a staging tool that you are using. The Cornerstone tries to load assets from the main domain which is not there yet.

Please consider that the Cornerstone uses the WordPress home_url() method to get the parent URL which it needs to retrieve information.

It seems that your hosting service provider staging tool is set in a way that causes the function in question shows the main domain but the actual site is in the staging URL.

Another possible case is that you used a CDN or another cache system that causes the issue. Anyway you need to consult with your hosting service provider for this.

Thank you.

Hi there,

The 3rd party plugins that you have installed was the problem. I disabled the 3rd party plugins and now the Cornerstone is working with no problem. I added a Test page which I added an Alert element.

Thank you.

Thank you so much! I had been back and forth trying so many different things I forgot about this part of the equation when I switched to a new URL. You made my morning!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.