Cornerstone not loading correctly - odd message

Hi,

I am currently having an issue with my Cornerstone not working correctly. Please see the image below:

I have just updated my Cornerstone plugin as before I was having the issue of it just loading and never coming up, and now it is loading but I am getting this message as an issue.

Please can someone advise what i need to do so that this works again and I can continue to update and create new pages on my site?

Thank you

Hey @Greenhalgh,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Hi, Thank you for your help. However nothing seems to be working? Are you able to take a look at this for me and help me discern what the problem might be on my website?

Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for the confirmation!
would you mind providing your website details so that we can have a look?

lease provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Hi There,

I got this error message when I checked your debug.log file:

[23-Jul-2018 15:24:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'JchOptimize\JSON_Optimize' not found in /home/lblskill/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jch-optimize/jchoptimize/libs/HTML_Optimize.php:270
Stack trace:
#0 /home/lblskill/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jch-optimize/jchoptimize/libs/HTML_Optimize.php(239): JchOptimize\HTML_Optimize->_callMinifier(Array, '\r\n{ "@context" ...')
#1 [internal function]: JchOptimize\HTML_Optimize->_minifyCB(Array)
#2 /home/lblskill/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jch-optimize/jchoptimize/libs/Optimize.php(104): preg_replace_callback('#(?><?[^<]*+(?:...', Array, '\n<!DOCTYPE html...')
#3 /home/lblskill/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jch-optimize/jchoptimize/libs/HTML_Optimize.php(129): JchOptimize\Optimize->_replace('#(?><?[^<]*+(?:...', '', '\n<!DOCTYPE html...', '3', Array)
#4 /home/lblskill/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jch-optimize/jchoptimize/libs/HTML_Optimize.php(59): JchOptimize\HTML_Optimize->_optimize()
#5 /home/lblskill/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jch-optimize/jchoptimize/helper.php(347): JchOptim in /home/lblskill/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jch-optimize/jchoptimize/libs/HTML_Optimize.php on line 270

The error message is related to the JCH Optimize plugin, I’ve disabled it and the Cornerstone is loading fine now.

Please clear all the caches then take a look at your website.

Regards!

Hi, Thank you very much for your help on this. Will this issue be fixed? As this plugin was helping the performance of our website and without it this is considerably reduced. Will this issue with cornerstone be looked into?

I will for now use cornerstone for what i need to and then when I am finished, activate the JCH Optimize plugin again.

Thank you

Hey @Greenhalgh,

There is nothing to be fixed on our end. You would need to contact the plugin developer to learn how to exclude the theme (X) and plugin (Cornerstone) resources. Also, you need to exclude all directories starting from these directories:

/x
/cornerstone-endpoint

Though helpful, optimization plugins are known to cause issues so they need to be configured by a professional developer in case your encounter issues. This is not a part of our support service. This also does not happen uniquely for X and Cornerstone only.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.