Cornerstone not loading at all

Help! I’m new to all of this, I have website that I started creating in Pro and after the last update, when I click on “EDIT WITH CORNERSTONE” it takes me to a blank white page. I have no idea how to fix. Thanks for any help!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! A white screen usually means a PHP fatal error. Enable your WP_DEBUG mode on WordPress by editing the following line your wp-config.php file can be located inside the root of your WordPress installation.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then try loading Cornerstone again to see if you’re getting any errors on the page.

This issue could be due to various factors. First check your PHP version running on your server and make sure to use a version PHP 5.6.x or later. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.

Also it could be that you’re running out of your allocated memory, in that case you can try adding the following code into your wp-config.php file.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

I tried all of your suggestion and it didn’t work. I had my IT guy look and what I have and help, and he thought my PRO is missing a file to load because we weren’t seeing any error messages. We checked PHP error logs on the MAMP server. So How do I delete PRO and re-install? Or is that not the right option?

Thanks so much for the help!

Hi There,

Yes, it could be that one of your required files missing or corrupted. If haven’t directly edited any of your template files on your Pro theme, you can simply switch to another theme (any WordPress theme), delete your current Pro theme and then you can install a fresh version.

All your Theme Settings will be saved in the database, so that you don’t have to worry about the data.

Also check your PHP max script execution time and increase the value to 300 (max_execution_time).

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi! Is there anyway to get live help? My site is messed up and I have no idea how to fix. When I tried to delete Pro to reinstall I had 2 PRO icons in my theme list. I have no idea how that happened and my IT guy came and looked at the gian error I was getting and her could not help me.
This is what I’m getting:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function cornerstone_setup_style_class_prefix() in /Users/eyates/Documents/Sites/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/pro/bars/setup.php:146 Stack trace: #0 /Users/eyates/Documents/Sites/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): x_bars_element_setup(’’) #1 /Users/eyates/Documents/Sites/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array) #2 /Users/eyates/Documents/Sites/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /Users/eyates/Documents/Sites/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-manager.php(11): do_action(‘cs_register_ele…’) #4 /Users/eyates/Documents/Sites/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/plugin-base.php(248): Cornerstone_Element_Manager->setup() #5 /Users/eyates/Documents/Sites/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-front-end.php(26): Cornerstone_Plugin_Base->loadComponent(‘Element_Manager’) #6 /Users/eyates/Documents/Sites/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): Cor in /Users/eyates/Documents/Sites/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/pro/bars/setup.php on line 146

Hi There,

It seems that your Pro theme is not installed properly. Could you please download the latest version of Pro theme from your Themeco dashboard and upload it manually.

You can follow our update guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

If that doesn’t help, please provide us with your WordPress and FTP login credentials in a secure note to investigate this issue further.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.