Cornerstone Not Loading At All After Upgrade

My apologies for not being able to get this to work.
I’m doing the first edit of a page in Cornerstone since the recent upgrades. (Many of the pages on the site are not in Cornerstone.)
It just beachballs forever. I’ve cleared and disabled the cache, but for some reason it’s still not working.

Please help. Thank you.

Hello There,

Thanks for posting in! Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• Pro theme 2.1.6
  • X theme 6.1.6
  • Cornerstone 3.1.6

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

​We also recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

The PHP memory stuff I had fixed long ago.
And, as I mentioned, I had also already turned off the cache plugin and cleared cache.
Updating all plugins, as you recommended, helped.
But the clincher was turning off a large number of other plugins.
So now it seems to be working—THANK YOU!
We’ll see if it keeps functioning with the plugins re-activated.
Thank you, again.

Hi Oortcloudatlas,

Glad that you managed to fix the issue. The next step is to enable the plugins one by one and see which one is causing the issue.

Now if you can pinpoint the problematic plugin you will need to avoid using that. But if you can not pinpoint the plugin and there are random cases, try to consider on the number of the plugins activated. If you reduce the number of the plugins and it works it clearly shows that the problem is the low PHP memory limit. You will need to increase the PHP memory limit.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.