Cornerstone not displaying parts of the UI

Hi,

I just started working with my second copy of X Pro for a client and I’m having an issue with the Cornerstone user interface. The icons in the buttons do not appear so I have to hover over the button to see what each one is.

I’ve deleted all plugins but that didn’t seem to help. What should I do?

Note: I’m staging in a sub domain hosted by GoDaddy.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully we cannot check your site because the given credentials is not working for us. The password seems invalid. Could you please double check it?

Thank you in advance.

Hi RueNel,

Sorry about that … try the password below.

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, the site is having trouble loading the FontAwesome files. Please add this on your .htaccess file. You can find this file at the root of your Wordpress installation directory .

AddType font/ttf .ttf
AddType font/eot .eot
AddType font/otf .otf
AddType font/woff .woff
AddType application/font-woff2  .woff2

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi, thanks for the quick response, and sorry I’m being so slow.

Anyways, I believe I’m on a Windows Server so I have a web.config file rather than an .htaccess file. Does that change what I need to add to the file?

Hi There,

Yes, you need to add a different code for your web.config file. You can try the solution provided on the link below (find the Enable CORS on IIS 7.0 and Up section).

If that does not work, try this one:

<configuration>
   <system.webServer>
	    <staticContent>
		<remove fileExtension=".woff"/>
		<mimeMap fileExtension=".woff" mimeType="application/x-font-woff" />
		<remove fileExtension=".woff2"/>
		<mimeMap fileExtension=".woff2" mimeType="application/x-font-woff" />
		<mimeMap fileExtension=".svg" mimeType="image/svg+xml" />
		</staticContent>
   </system.webServer>
</configuration>

Make sure to clear your browser’s cache and caching plugin before you preview the site.

Thanks,

Thanks Friech,

But that didn’t seem to work. The first option that you linked to had no noticeable effect, while the second option repeatedly gave me an error when trying to load the page (see image below). Any other ideas?

And this is what the web.config files looked like:

Method 1

Method 2

Hi there,

Maybe your hosting has different rules, or it’s not possible with local web.config, how about contact your hosting provider and see if they can fix and allow fonts since it’s the same origin.

Thanks!