Cornerstone not displaying layout properly on LIVE website

Hi there,

I just pushed a website live and the inner pages are displaying funny. They have the cornerstone option but say i have published using the text editor which i did not.

Staging link:
http://x.aiadstaging.com.au/projects/nswslateroofing2.com.au/about-us/

LIVE link:

There are so many pages on this website, I don’t want to have to redo them manually!

Hi There,

The Cornerstone migration issue, is always difficult, there are many factors at play which can cause issues. When the content isn’t editable in Cornerstone this always means the data was corrupted on import/export.

We wrote this article here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-migration/126 and tested countless solutions and methods to ensure it always went without a hitch, similar to you while All In One WP Migration worked sometimes I never found it reliable enough to safely recommend in our article. This led to WP Migrate DB being recommend, by taking the correct steps, I never once has this method fail on me in testing on over 20 sites.

Some things to watch out for:

• Always use relative URL’s in the find and replace, never hard code the protocol.
  • If your site uses HTTPS, it’s extremely important that the site is set as HTTPS in the wp-admin > settings > general. If the site is set as HTTP there, but is actually HTTPS, the Cornerstone links will be incorrect and this could cause issues on migration.
  • If you use database caching such as memcache etc, always make sure this is cleared and disabled (temporarily) while migrating the data.
  • If you use a shared hosting provider, make sure that you have enough execution time not just for the site but also for PHPMyAdmin. If the import of data times out and only partially completes this will corrupt the data.

Following this path will mean everything will work as expected and you won’t end up with any data corruption.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.