Cornerstone - not displaying elements that just contain shortcodes on the Edit screen

Hi,

Since I upgraded to the latest version of the plugin for Cornerstone, for areas where I have added just a text box with a shortcode and no other text - also happens when I use the Line element if it is ony 1 px wide - in the Edit screen while I can see all the other content, I cannot see the element to click on to do any updates to it.

I have been attached the screen shot of what is visible on the edit screen - I can hover over the text element that holds the Heading and see that to click on and edit, but the element directly below it that has the shortcode is not visible to select and edit.

link to page is http://thesoundtemple.com.au/

I have another site I am working on with the X template and it has the same issue.
I have also cleared the cache for wp3-cache with no difference.

thanks,
Jenna

Hi Jenna,

Since the issue can only be seen in the backend, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the login information. I checked the case and added a test page and used the Raw Content to add the shortcodes and it is not rendering correctly. I checked the same case on my installation and it is working ok regarding the Revolution Slider shortcode. But I am not sure about the wcp-carousel shortcode as it is a 3rd party plugin.

I also disabled the W3Total cache to make sure it is not the cause of the issue. Please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

Meanwhile you always have the Skeleton mode at hand to select the items that you do not see in the Preview:

Thank you.

OK thanks, I will work through those suggestions.

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.