Cornerstone no longer working

Hi there,

I have just logged in to my clients website to make some changes and found that Cornerstone is no longer working. I just get a white screen saying loading, with the page becoming unusable. Can you please help? Screenshot attached.

Thanks
Ben

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Please update your WordPress to latest version and let us know if that fixes your issue.
also You can try updating the theme and cornerstone if you are using older version.
check out theme and plugins update guid.

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. Everything is updated to the latest versions and I have tested to see if it clashes with another plugin but still no luck. I’ve noticed that the theme social icons aren’t displaying correctly either.

Thanks
Ben

Hi Ben,

In that case, provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Great I’ve sent the details through

Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for the details!

Can you please Test for a plugin conflict? You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Also Custom code syntax error. If you have a child theme, please enable the child theme and check if the issue still exists. If you have entered any custom JS or CSS into their respective editors. Please review the code for any syntax errors. A mis-placed semi-colon or a missing bracket will cause the issue you’re seeing.

I can’t perform this actions as this is a live site. If you can clone your site to a staging location we can check it.
Hope these above points fixes your issue.

Thanks

Hi,

I have disabled the plugin as mentioned but it still didn’t fix the problem. The child theme is enabled disabling that didn’t work either. Everything works fine except I cant cornerstone or any of its options. I will set up a cloaned site tomorrow when I am back in the office

Thanks
Ben

Hello Ben,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Sure thing, let us know when the staging site is ready so we can take a look. However, I wanted to see the current setup and can see that you are using Godaddy as host. I cleared the inbuilt cache and then loaded couple of pages in Cornerstone and it seems to be working fine on my end. Please see the recorded screencast in secure note. Can you please take a look at let us know?

You can also refer our site migration guide to setup a staging server.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.